Chapter EIGHTEEN

you didn't know if the doorbell sound was inside your dream or in reality but one thing you were sure about is that you completely hate it which means it's in the middle of the night disturbing your precious sleep after hours of beating yourself over that kiss. 

the doorbell continued bothering you even though you tried to ignore it, you almost felt like crying. Sleeping is a priority to you and now there's someone taking it away.

"better be something worth it," you cursed under your breath while wearing your blue slippers before walking toward the door, the cold breeze hitting your cheeks in the courtyard making the whole situation worse.

you opened the door to find an annoyed-looking familiar face facing you, "the fuck you have a phone for?" he whispered-yelled at you, "I have been calling you for an hour...... anyway, hurry and get dressed you're called for in the station," Taehyung rolled his eyes and sighed.

you started at him confused for a second, "Called for? what happened?"

"Don't you get it? I said hurry which means you don't have to ask questions you'll know everything once we're there..... hurry" Taehyung casually pushed you inside the house and invited himself in.

you walked away from him once you were inside the living room, "you could have used this time to explain rather than being a jerk." you gave him a dirty look before walking toward your room to get dressed.

"You should thank me for suggesting you take the case, it's your first serious one after joining our unit," you heard Taehyung saying.

"Something is telling me this isn't the whole truth," you answered while pulling up your black jean, your bedroom isn't far from the living room and the door isn't thick to block the sound so you could hear him perfectly.

"Obviously," Taehyung said, "You're in my team so we'll be working together and if we could solve it which I am sure of, I'd take most of the credit since I am your superior."

You rolled your eyes, "Jerk." whispering the word you finished wearing the jacket and looked around for your bag to get your phone, as Taehyung said you found many missed called but it was silent for some reason that you didn't care, you don't feel bad for making the man drive all the way here.

"Okay, let's go," You told Taehyung who was on the sofa waiting for you.