Chapter Forty - Eight

Chapter Forty - Eight,

"How are you sure it's his copycat? Just because the zodiac signs?" He asked again.

You bite your lips and looked up, at Jungkook first then at Taehyung, "I........... I r-received a letter!" Your body started shaking again and your voice cracked at the end. 

Your words and the way fear was obvious on your face made the men's eyes widen and their bodies totally froze.

Jungkook was the first to react and run toward you, held both your hands, and looked at you, "What do you mean Y/N? What letter?"

You clenched your teeth and look at him, "It's......... It's on the living room's floor."

"I will get it!" Taehyung said and run to get it.

"Y/N w-what....... I mean, that's why you were scared?" His voice softened as he caressed your hand. Usually, it's so easy for you to read through people's facial expressions, words, and body language to get into their mind, to understand and get the idea of what they might be thinking but not with him. You were still recovering from that idea but Jungkook was the person you wanted to understand the most, you wanted to read through him the most, you wanted to know everything before it's too late.

Isn't it too late

Huh?

interrupting all your thoughts, the young professor, stepped forward, "Someone sent you a threat? Should we call the police?" Jin asked, obviously panicking. He knew you for years. If this scared you then it's serious. 

"Here's the letter!" Taehyung walked in holding the paper that almost caused your heart to stop. 

"What does it say?" Jungkook asked, still holding your hand. He wanted to walk over to Taehyung and see for himself but he didn't want to leave your side. Your heart softened at that.

"This is the Zodiac speaking," Taehyung started reading, and you felt Jungkook's hand tighten the hold. "I thought you would need a good laugh before you hear the bad news, you won't get the news for a while yet...... PS: Could you print this new cipher on the front page? I get awfully lonely when I am ignored......... so lonely I could do my thing!" He swallowed when he finished, "There's also the symbol of the crosshairs of a gunsight at the end ................ What the hell?"