Chapter Fifty-Two -Part 01-

Chapter Fifty-Two,

"Are you okay?" Jungkook suddenly leaned in and whispered, looking up at him your heart softened at the sight of his concerned eyes, "You haven't said anything ever since you walked from that interrogation, did something happen?" He added. The man had to stay at the office while you, Taehyung, and Prosecutor Park interrogate the twelfth offender of the 12 cases.

Jungkook noticed your strange behavior immediately, you weren't talking nor correcting the other men when they obviously made false theories, you used to take pleasure in making his friend look like an idiot and Jungkook found it weird that you didn't take this opportunity. You just sat there staring around the office and sometimes writing on the piece of paper next to you.

It wasn't right after you came from the interrogation room like Jungkook thinks but after you had a phone call from Mingyu.

"Hello?" You answered your phone after reading Mingyu's name on the screen.

"De...........Kim..........I re............Your d......."

"Oy, You're breaking up, it's hard to hear you." You sighed while trying to understand what he wanted to say, "Mingyu.....Can you hear me?" You raised your eyebrow, confused. This never happened to you here......

Oh....wait....

You immediately hung up.

That's what happened. You had to think before speaking now. "I am f-fine, just a little disappointed that we didn't get enough information from her." You swallowed. Eyes avoiding the man wishing he'd just forget about it.

'I know what you're hiding.'

Shut up. You rolled your eyes.

You suddenly stood up, staying like that will only make Jungkook more worried and him being worried about you only means he'll keep watching you carefully which you don't want at the moment, "Can I use your whiteboard, Park Hyunsik ssi?" you asked the prosecutor who was busy showing Taehyung files or whatever.

They both looked at you, "Y-yeah, please feel free, Detective Y/N." He told you with a small smile on his face. "Did you figure something out?"