Chapter Fifty

"Furin

"Furin....... what?" Taehyung blinked in confusion and repeated the man's words, "First of all, may I ask who are you?" The detective defensively took a few steps and stared at the old man who suddenly entered the room followed by a guilty-looking Jungkook.

The man chuckled, guilt and a hint of embarrassment showing on his face, "Pardon me for interrupting your work, Detective-san!" The gentle and controlled tone of voice of the man used was familiar, he looked very elegant and well educated and that was obvious only from the way he stand and speaks. "My name is Tanaka Kenta, I was told Mr.Jeon and his girlfriend were staying in our hotel, I found it rude not to pass by and say hello!" The old familiar man smiled and you. 

"G-girlfriend?" You heard Taehyung repeating the word, he mumbled and if you weren't next to him you wouldn't hear.. You rolled your eyes. Probably for the same reason he did. 

Girlfriend. 

What a strange word.

"He's one of my Grandfather's good friends!" Jungkook answered your inaudible question, "I asked his help to keep our stay at the hotel a secret just in case since he's the director," He added biting his bottom lip, "I told him it was unnecessary but he insisted!" Jungkook rubbed the back of his neck, a little guilt was obvious in his tune. He knew you were working, a very serious case that needs to be kept secretive as much as possible considering some people's lives can be at risk, when the old man came all the way to the Hotel's cafe just to greet him and ask about you, he found it at quit rude to reject his request about meeting you to say hello as well.

"How can I not come to at least say hello? wasn't it because of her that we earned our partnership! Mr.Jeon!" The man called Tanaka patted Jungkook's shoulder and flashed a sweet smile, Oh, I see. "I must say I was surprised when I learned you work for the Korean police!" He glanced away from Jungkook only to start walking further and stooped right next to you, he extended his hand for a handshake that you gladly accepted. "It's really nice to meet you, Miss......?" He titled his head indirectly questioning you.

You recognized the mam t be one of the people you met at the cruise party Jungkook invited you to in Busan that you figure lately it was just so you can pick the right new partners for his grandfather's company. "Y/N....." You pronounced your name slowly,".....Kim Y/N!" 

Your eyes shifted to meet Jungkook's, right after the man turned his attention from you to the other two men so he can greet them. You watched Jungkook shifting uncomfortably after he immediately looked away knowing exactly that the whole thing reminded you of his stupid-ass-like mistake. 

He avoided your eyes guiltily, he knew you didn't forget and probably never will. He deserves this though, he was a jerk and used you to get what he wanted. And he was ready to face the consequences of his actions and lies. 

But for the moment, there were more important matters to deal with.

You eyed the man who's been the reason your heart started to play tricks on you lately, Jungkook. The man who looks good doing the bare minimum and you know that because of the familiar knock you feel in your stomach just looking at him now leaning against the wall right next to the door, doing nothing but looking around the room. He was wearing black cargo pants, with an oversized layered T-shirt......Also black........ Now that you think about it, is this man color blind? Because if you remember right, black, white and grey is all he wears  ....