Chapter Fifty Two -Part 02-

01:00 AM
Seoul Police Department

01:00 AM Seoul Police Department

"Officer Kim Mingyu will review everything we have for now

"Officer Kim Mingyu will review everything we have for now." You announced before walking to your seat making yourself comfortable.

Taehyung was next to you, writing notes of everything you were saying and explaining just in case he needs them.

You were in the meeting room with a few detectives and the chief putting everything together to decide what's the next move. It was easier for you to talk since the meeting room of a police department can not be wiretapped even if an inside person were to try. Also, you choose carefully who you invite to the meeting explaining everything to the chief who was very cooperative.

"Well .... Let me start from the very beginning." Mingyu said holding the small remote to control the digital screen behind him,  he started "While working on the cases she was assigned to do, Detective Y/N successfully closed 12 cases in a matter of a week ...... They were random murder cases, different victim and different offenders." He looked towards the screen while you and everyone follow, it showed the victims and the offenders' profiles, "As you can see, there's no relation between the victims but the offenders whatsoever, looking at the date of their birth......All the offenders have perfectly different zodiac signs and also perfectly in order with the case's dates, from Aries to Pisces, which is something we can't ignore.....We made a theory that all the offenders of the previous cases were influenced or ordered to murder by one person..... The same person who is responsible for the 13th case which is a series of murders by one serial killer." Mingyu pointed out to the screen, the slideshow he made was perfect for a simple understanding. "After Detective Kim received a threat from the killer, he identified himself as the Zodiac. And confirmed he was the serial killer responsible for the 12 series of murders of the 13th case that Detective Y/N started to work on. We understand that he or she is copying the series of murders happened in the 60s in the US............"

"And how did you confirm he was in touch with the 12 offenders?" The chief questioned.

"After we investigated, we found out that all the 12 offenders who we already have in custody attended Kyung Sook Shin's new book launch. We believe they all met the killer we call the Zodiac and he or she might have influenced them to murder the victims."