Chapter Thirty - Nine

Chapter Thirty-Nine,

........

"W-wait........" "I don't want to stay here........... Take me to Daddy!"

"You'll be safe here," "You'll have friends and a nice home until I come back to you."

-----------

Until I come back.

Until I come back.

Until I come back.

Until I come back.

Until he comes back.

He never did.

"Until when? Until when you'll wait here, Y/N?" "That man will never come back, and he didn't leave any information for us to contact him."

"DON'T SAY THAT...... DON'T SAY THAT........D-don't...." "Daddy...... D-Daddy and Mommy..... If Mr.Kim doesn't c-come back......... I won't k-know where they are."

"It's been more than three years, They are probably.............." "I know I shouldn't talk to you like this Y/N, but....... I think you're smart enough to understand..... "

"You want to say they are dead? Then.......... Why? How? WHEN? Where's their grave I want to see it................ People don't disappear just like that, DON'T FOOL ME I AM NOT STUPID"

" What the hell do you know?, You are eight years old ........ *Sigh* If you'll behave like that then yes you are stupid. You can't keep waiting forever and causing us problems, " "You were abandoned, Your parents are dead and Mr.Kim won't come back.......This is your home now, end of the story. Get over it."

-----------

Get Over It.

That day, December 15th when the sister left you next to the gate with her words left behind you repeated them over and over again. She didn't lie.

It was either she knew for a fact what she said or ......... it was what she believed. But, it was the first time someone from the orphanage has talked to you like that. For three years, they didn't answer your questions so you stopped asking, for years, you waited by the gate every night and day for the man called Kim Taewook to come back as he promised but he never did...........

That night, was the first time you cried. Alone.

After that, was the fight to stay alive around strange people. It was a fight an eight years old had to go through. Alone.

That was your first fight.

.

.

.

.

.

.