Chapter Forty - Five

Chapter Forty - Five,

Three days later

"You solved another case? are you even taking any rest, Detective Y/N?" The young officer, Mingyu asked as he placed the ramen he brought for you on the side table

"You solved another case? are you even taking any rest, Detective Y/N?" The young officer, Mingyu asked as he placed the ramen he brought for you on the side table. "You've already proved your point by solving nine cases already, cases we never thought they'll be closed. I am sure the chief will do as you said........ "

"I am taking a rest!" You sighed. You've only asked Mingyu to drop by your house to take the reports you finished but he's starting to like it around here more than he is supposed to.

"Really? working on extremely hard murder cases is rest for people like you?" He asked.

He's right but...... making my mind busy overwork was the only solution I found to distract myself from everything that happened with Jungkook and Taehyung

"You can say that!" You answered the man while your mind focused on the crime scene pictures hanging on the wall of your office room at your house. "Just take the case report and go back to the station, my brain works better when no one is around.............. No offense but your questions annoy me!"

You heard the man laugh then walked slowly to grab the files you prepared for him, "Anyway, I will get going now......... probably drop by the DA since you're keeping the poor man busy those days." He said. "Call me if you needed anything, I am off."

You swallowed your breath when you heard him walk toward the door, "Umm Mingyu?" You called his name but never turned to see him.

"Yes?" 

"Is....... Umm Is he still outside?" Your heart skipped a beat and the breath you were holding was finally out with the question, you have been wanting to ask this ever since Mingyu entered the room.

"The fireman?.......... Yeah, he's still there!" Mingyu answered and you bite your lips, "If he's bothering you ma'am I will ask him to lea-"

"No, it's okay..... I w-will talk to him," You said, "You may leave."

"Alright, see you tomorrow!" 

He's still there..........? 

When Mingyu was no longer here, you put down the photos and looked down taking a deep breath. 

Your eyes landed on the piece of paper Jungkook gave Mingyu to delver to you.

A small paper with one word.