Forgiveness

Author's note: just a break from my usual writing, but seriously. If Lena had been a man, CW definitely would've written up a love interest between the Luthor and Super. Why else all the queer baiting in Season 1? Between the "I'm not gay" "I want to date her" and Leslie saying Supergirl "gives off Sapphic vibes." Anyways, enough ranting. Enjoy.

Kara was sobbing into her sister's shoulder. There were 5 gallon empty tubs of ice cream littered around the apartment. Alex did not know how to console the Kryptonian. Alex couldn't believe that Lena went to such lengths at taking revenge against Supergirl for not exposing her identity. Thankfully, Kara fell asleep on the couch after crying herself to sleep. Alex had promised to leave the CEO alone, but she couldn't stand to see her sister be tormented like this.

When Alex pulled up to LCorp, she was unsurprised that the top floor lights were still on. Lena was still there. Alex stormed into the office without knocking or announcing herself. Lena didn't even flinch. Lena just calmly looked up, "Why are you here?"

"We need to talk, Lena," Alex responded.

"I would prefer it if you would start calling me Ms. Luthor," Lena said icily.

"Alright, Ms. Luthor. I'm not here to yell at you or punish you or retaliate against you for what you did to my sister at the Fortress," Alex stated as fact.

"Well, that's good I suppose. It would be a shame for me to have to call security on you," Lena quipped as she returned to her work.

"Le- Ms. Luthor. I'm here to tell you a story. What do you remember from when Supergirl first made herself known?" Alex inquired.

"I remember some of the news coverage from the Daily Planet. I was a little busy with Lex and Superman if you recall."

"Alright, well let me fill you in on what didn't make it into the Daily Planet." With that, Lena put down her work and leaned back in her chair. Alex smirked knowing that she had the CEO's full attention. "When my sister first made herself known by saving that plane, I was on that plane. It wasn't just a catastrophic engine failure. It was an intentional attempt on my life and several other DEO agents' lives. Kara - Kara sacrificed her anonymity to save me, and I was furious with her. God, I was so mad at her. 

"Growing up with an alien, adopted sister was not easy. My parents instilled on us to hide her powers - her identity. If we didn't, she would have been taken. The government would have taken her and done God knows what to her. I was responsible for her; I am still responsible for her. Kara, she didn't understand the risks of having her identity known. She only ever sees the good in people; she only ever trusts people. 

"Out of college, I joined the DEO. I became the secret agent of a secret organization who's entire mission was to monitor and suppress extra-ordinary life, like Kara. I continued to convince her to not reveal who she is while simultaneously lying to her about my life. She didn't always know I was a member of the DEO. I betrayed her and hurt her in the way she hurt you, Lena. I worked so hard, so hard, to build her trust in me again. But I'm her sister, and she is Kara, so she forgave me quickly.

"When she first started out, she made so many mistakes. She was trying to figure out who she was as a hero. She was trying to separate her identity from Superman. But she quickly figured out that her identity as Supergirl put her in danger. Fort Rozz, the Alcatraz of Krypton, crash landed on Earth. Many of the prisoners were put there by her mother. They quickly targeted her for revenge against Alura Zor-El. It wasn't long after that she found out the truth about her parents from her aunt Astra. Her parents weren't who she thought they were. On top of all of that information, her aunt Astra, who Supergirl thought was dead, tried to destroy her. And then shortly after that, we both found out that we couldn't trust the Director of the DEO at that time. Then of course, I killed her aunt Astra before she could kill someone very important to both of us. Kara found out she couldn't trust some of the most important people to her early in her career.

"My point is Lena, when you came into Kara's life, she had been betrayed by so many close to her. She struggled with her identity. Everyone was telling her what to do, who to trust, what to say. The DEO didn't trust her. Cat Grant was all over her mistakes in the media. I wasn't always the supportive sister. I think you may identify with that a bit given your own background.

"You, Lena, you were the first friend she had in National City that she could just be herself. Yes, she had to lie about being sick or her whereabouts during an emergency. But she needed that friendship with you as just Kara to become who she is now as Kara Zor-El." Lena and Alex sat in silence for what seemed like an eternity. Lena was staring at Alex but was so lost in thought that she wasn't focused on the woman. Alex held out hope that the CEO would hear the message from her. 

"What about Winn and James? They knew who Supergirl was when she was just starting out," Lena finally responded.

"Are you kidding? Winn and James both had crushes on her. Neither worked out obviously; maybe she was aiming to try something different to see if it worked out better. My sister was trying to balance normal work, superheroing, and trying to have a normal life. Not to mention all the near death incidents and having the world shout their opinion of Supergirl at her. The Girl of Steel may seem invincible, but my sister, the woman you know, wears her heart on her sleeve. If the bad guys knew who she really was, it would be so much easier for them to bring her down. Supergirl may risk a lot to save the people of National City, but Kara would sacrifice everything, including herself, for those she loves." Alex desperately wanted Lena to pick up her hints about Kara's true feelings for the CEO without totally betraying the sister code.

Lena leaned against her desk, placing her hand on her chin while staring off into space again. Alex didn't want to interrupt her train of thought, but she also knew that she would need to get back to her sister's apartment before Kara woke. Otherwise, Kara would discover that she had this conversation with Lena. "Lena, please, just consider it."

Lena's attention was brought back to the woman in front of her, "Consider what?"

"Forgiveness," Alex got up an left LCorp's CEO to ponder the very brief story of Kara Zor-El.

It was the early morning after Alex's visit when Lena pulled out the watch that Supergirl gave her. Lena decided to pushed the button. Kara didn't know what to do at first hearing the signal for Lena. She flew to LCorp and x-rayed the building. Lena didn't appear to be in danger. Kara apprehensively landed on the balcony with a slight thud. Lena was already facing the windows watching Supergirl as she walked in timidly. Lena simply stated, "It's time we talked."