Dueling Pianos (Part 2)

Kara nervously wiped her sweaty palms on her pants. She took a deep breath before heading on stage; she was only so nervous because she knew that a certain raven haired woman was in the audience. She knew she shouldn't be. She had played with the woman just a couple weeks ago. They've been hanging out quite frequently, too, when their schedules allowed for it. She took a deep breath, and the blonde was quick to put on her stage persona. She had a little smile that played on the corners of her mouth and looked more smug and confident than she really felt. She heard some embarrassing cheers from the crowd that was no doubt her sister. She did her best not to let it phase her. Kara slid into the bench and adjusted the mic to the right level. Kara started out doing her usual introduction.

Sam laughed at Alex's chaotic antics of cheering obnoxiously in the quiet, intimate, jazz bar. Lena just rolled her eyes before taking another sip of her scotch. Her green eyes were glued to that hunk on stage. The button down, dress shirt hugged those biceps immaculately. Those long, dexterous fingers wiggled themselves loose in preparation for the evening. Lena could even see those thighs flexing under the form-fitting slacks. Alex snapped her out of her reverie.

"Ew. Quit eye fucking my sister."

Lena coughed up her drink slightly with a bright blush filling her face. "I- I'm not..."

Sam goaded her even more, "Yeah, Lena. Save it for the bedroom."

"Oh, like I didn't catch you two making out in the lobby before coming here?" Lena shot her own glare back at her best friend.

Alex blanched while Sam just let out a cocky smirk. "You just wish you could actually pull the trigger with Kara, you useless lesbian."

"Ew. Please. Let's stop talking about my sister like this."

"Right, we are here to enjoy her show," Lena muttered over her glass.

The trio settled in and listened to the light jazz and blues that the blonde played effortlessly. On the occasional numbers, she gifted them with some sultry singing. They calmed down their loud cheering to polite clapping after every set. When Kara got a break, she quickly made her way over to their table to join them. Kara immediately blushed at their attention and compliments.

"Great job, sis!"

"That was amazing!" Sam chipped in.

After a pause, blue eyes met green as Lena spoke softly, "You are truly gifted, Kara. You play and sing beautifully."

Kara blushed impossibly more as she whispered, "Thank you."

There was a brief moment of silence filled with tension before a server drops off Kara's food order. The blonde thanked them profusely as she quickly devoured her food. She pushed a plate of fancy nachos to the middle of the table and mumbled through a full mouth that she got it for everyone.

"Darling, talking with your mouth full is normally considered rude," Lena teased.

Kara's face continued to be beet red. She swallowed down her bite. In an ashamed tone, she whispered, "Sorry."

Lena used her thumb to wipe away some errant sauce on Kara's bottom lip and smiled softly. "It's quite alright."

"Should we give you guys some privacy?" Sam teased.

Alex let out a groan as Sam chuckled at herself. Lena shot them a glare.

"What?" Kara looked classically confused.

"Nothing, Kara," Lena cut off Sam as she opened her mouth.

Sam let out a hefty sigh and pouted. She had the perfect response locked and loaded, but it appeared that her best friend wasn't going to let her tease them. After a moment of contemplation, Sam smirked as she snaked her hand under the table and playfully squeezed Alex's thigh. She slid it higher than what could be deemed socially acceptable and smiled even brighter when she felt Alex squirm. If she couldn't tease Lena into a frenzy, she would at least tease Alex.