Virtual Reality

A/N: I'm about to go on a much needed vacation for about 3 weeks. I won't be posting for a while, but I am hoping to get out of my depressive funk to write happier things. I'm trying to leave out any spoilers for season 6 at this time.

Take care, lovelies, however you can. Smut is ahead. 

Italic text is Kara's thoughts, normal text is the narrative, **text** is a Virtual Reality scene

Kara is pacing back and forth in her apartment. She is apprehensive about what she is about to do. She starts second guessing everything with her thoughts running rampant.

I shouldn't do this; I mean, this is just violating Lena's privacy. Kelly already told me that it taps into someone's deepest desires and fantasies. That is just so... intimate, for the lack of a better word. But I am worried about her. I should just check into it quickly to see if there is anything serious going on. She has been spending more and more time in the VR world. Plus with Lex's death and sudden return in a whole new reality, Lena has been closing herself off from everyone. I should just scroll through her lobby. Brainy wouldn't have given me this information if he wasn't concerned. Alright, Kara, just do it. Get it over with. It's just checking in on your best friend. If there isn't anything concerning, she doesn't even need to know that the DEO gained access.

Kara plops herself onto her couch, wrapped in her fuzziest, comfort blanket and puts the thumb drive into her laptop. She continuously reminds herself that she is just going to check in on her friend's mental wellbeing and stop before she goes to far. Kara takes a deep breath to steady herself as she opens the encrypted file.

Her screen fills with Lena's VR lobby. There is the standard Obsidian North automatic layouts like Las Vegas and the community playgrounds. Kara scrolls through those quickly to get to the personalized and unique worlds developed from Lena's thought patterns and subconscious. She clicked into the first one with the cover photo of Lena in casual clothes and the brightest smile on her face.

**A little girl is running up a hill towards a tree. There is a woman chasing her playfully with giggles traveling across the countryside. 

"Mama!" the little girl squeals.

The beautiful woman scoops the little girl up in her arms while playfully saying, "I caught you, my dearest Lena!"

The scene shoots forward to young Lena walking across the stage to collect her college diploma. She runs up to hug the woman from before.

"I'm so, so proud of you, my dearest Lena! You are going to do great things."

"Thank you so much, mom! Let's go out and celebrate!"

The scene skips forward again to a slightly older Lena having a holiday celebration with her mother. They are exchanging gifts and laughing.**

Kara clicked out the fantasy with tearful eyes. Of course one of Lena's primary desires is to grow up with her birth mother. To have a family that is proud of her. All she wanted was a normal life with the love her mother. This seems like a healthy and natural fantasy. I can't even imagine where I would be, who I would be, if Clark hadn't taken me to the Danvers' home. 

Kara scrolls to the next image of Lena. She looks hard with a stone face and looks like a 50s gangster with the fedora and suit. She has on brass rings and is clearly packing a gun in a shoulder holster.

**"Boss man! We got 'em!" Brainy says with an East coast accent.

The gangster version of Lena turns her overstuffed chair around with her classic smirk and raised eyebrow. "Good work! Now, let's go teach 'em a lesson about encroaching on SuperCorp territory."