Mx. Luthor (Part 3)

Kara's brows are furrowed in concentration. A pencil is trapped between her teeth as she types as fast as she can without drawing attention to the fact that she isn't quite doing so at human speed. Snapper's deadline is encroaching, but Supergirl has been busy all morning responding to calls all across the city. With a definitive pinky tap on the 'Enter' key, there is a whoosh sound indicating her email has been sent. She leans back in her chair and clasps her hands on top of her head as she spits the pencil out. She sighs in relief as she looks around the bullpen. Her eyes track a delivery person with a very large and fancy bouquet of flowers.

"Kara Danvers?"

"Yes? That's me."

"Sign here."

Kara swoops her signature across the screen as she looks puzzled as she takes the flowers.

"Someone must really care about you. Have a nice day," the delivery person comments before leaving.

Kara mindlessly thanks them as she starts to look for a card on the gorgeous arrangement. She inhales deeply and smiles. It reminds her of the flowers back home, back on Krypton. Her fingers find the card just as Nia strolls her way over.

"Oh, damn. Who sent you those?" Nia exclaims. "Did you save someone's life recently?"

"I don't know. I just found the card."

Nia moves the arrangement around on the desk, twisting it around to look at it all. "Man, this must have been expensive."

Kara's jaw drops as she reads the card. Her breaths quicken, and she giggles in excitement. Her hand claps over her mouth as she looks up at the cub reporter. Nia just stares at her inquisitively.

"Lee just asked me on a date. Like a real date," Kara mutters quietly.

"Oh my gosh! It's about flipping time!" Nia exclaims with a little clap and bounce. "What did they write in the card? How did they ask?"

Kara clutches the card to her chest to save it from prying eyes. Something about this makes the hero want to keep this for herself. She could never be upset with Esme, but now all her friends witnessed their first kiss. The news got live coverage of the first time Supergirl saved Lena. Clark was there the first time Lena met Kara Danvers. The gossip magazines and trash tv will be all over their first date. She just wants something to be between the two of them: the first time Lena Luthor asked Kara Zor-el on a romantic date. "Sorry. It's for my eyes only."

Nia rolls her eyes and backs away from the desk with her hands up in mock surrender. "I'm so happy for the two of you. I expect details afterwards! And not from the crappy magazines!"

Kara looks back down at the card and rereads it. In Lena's elegant script, it reads:

My darling Kara-

I believe it is due time that we have a proper date. Would you join me for dinner Friday night?
I remember your affinity for all the classic 'human' romance. So if you accept, leave one of these flowers on my desk, and I will have my driver pick you up at 7pm.

- Always yours, Lee xx

Kara's heart thuds and her chest is filled with love and adoration. Of course Lena freaking Luthor would take a drunken conversation with Kara to heart and pull out the stops to romance her. Kara thinks back to that entire drunken interaction. It was just Kara complaining that none of the men in her life ever tried to woo her like the romantic movies and musicals she loved when she first came to Earth. She smiles to herself that Lena would keep that information safe in her mind and actually use it. The reporter lets out a happy sigh as she quickly plucks a flower out of the arrangement and superspeeds discretely to The Lena Luthor Foundation. She doesn't even wait for the CEO to leave their office. She just breezes in and stops momentarily to look into those green eyes and smile brightly. When the CEO registers that Kara just sped into the building, Kara takes off with a burst of speed that leaves Lena behind with a slight breeze. Neither of them say even a word to each other.