Triggers (Part 3)

Lena is startled out of her thoughts by sudden fidgeting underneath her. She smiles to herself as she watches her love stretch and squirm. Those adorable brows scrunch, as if irritated that she is waking up. Lena cards her fingers gently through those blonde locks as she lovingly watches Kara slowly wake up.

Kara moans and stretches. She feels something gently tracing random designs on her chest. She realizes that there is a warm weight on top of her that is not just the comforter. Her lips quirk up when those fingers move to scalp. She lets out a please hum at the feeling before peeking her eyes open.

"How do you feel, darling?"

"Like I've run a marathon."

Lena chuckles softly. "I'm not surprised. You can have a few more minutes before I want you to sit up and drink some Gatorade."

Kara hums in mock thought. "I'll agree to your demands but only if I get a kiss."

Green eyes roll playfully before she leans down and captures those pink lips in a tender and soft kiss. "Happy?"

"Extremely."

Lena maneuvers herself off her girlfriend and takes her time to help the blonde sit up against the headboard. She stretches across Kara's lap to grab the sports drink before cracking it open and holding it up to Kara's lips. "Here you go, darling."

The blonde gulps it down greedily. A small trickle runs down her chin from liquid that spills. After Lena pulls the bottle back, she runs the pad of her thumb across the trail to clean it up. Kara rests her head back against the headboard as she smiles and stares at her girlfriend. Her eyes trace down from Lena's messy hair to those piercing green eyes. They track down to those puffy, kissable lip before raking down that pale neck. Blue eyes greedily drink in those bare breasts and pebbled nipples. They are covered in little red and bruised bite marks from yesterday's activities. Her little smirk falters when she catches sight of some blue and purple hues breaking out on Lena's upper arms.

"Babe," Kara exhales while reaching out to trace the skin lightly, "when did these surface?"

Lena holds out her arm to look at it herself. "Oh, um. I guess last night. It's nothing, baby. It barely hurts unless you press it."

Kara shoots up with her back rigid. "Lee, you need to tell me these things."

Lena's eyebrows pinch in confusion. "Kara, I promise. They are fine."

"Go get the arnica," Kara barks out. She takes a deep breath and squeezes her eyes shut before whispering, "Please."

Lena cups her girlfriend's face lightly. "Alright, darling."

Lena moves quickly and quietly to their bathroom to grab the cream. She's puzzled as to why her girlfriend is reacting this way, but she knows they need to talk about it. It's not like it's uncommon for one of them to walk away with some marks from their more... intense... sessions. She also grabs the massage oil and a towel on her way out. Lena lightly tosses everything on the bed before walking over to their closet and grabbing their silk robes.

"Come here, please," Kara says softly.

Lena pads over to her girlfriend and eases onto the bed, careful not to jostle the blonde. She straddles her lap and gently places her hands on those strong shoulders. "We need to talk about this, darling. What's going on?"

Kara reaches for the cream and slowly unscrews the lid. She scoops some up with her fingertips and carefully rubs it onto the lightly bruised skin. She knows though green eyes are boring into her skull. She knows she overreacted at seeing the marks. She lets out a deep breath. "I'm sorry."