The Rescuer

A/N: Kara is human. Trigger Warning for alluding to potential sexual assault, misogyny, creepy men, and PTSD symptoms.

"We need a round of shots over here!" Winn yells over the music to the bartender while holding up his hand to indicate needing 5 pours.

Kara yells into Winn's ear, "I think we've all had plenty! Quit ordering!"

"Come on, Kara! Let loose. We all need some fun. We are celebrating!" James yells into Kara's ear.

Nia and Alex crowd the space around the bar, and they each take a shot glass waiting for Kara to take hers. Kara rolls her eyes and finally raises her glass to take the shot together. Only Winn and Kara grimace at the taste, and they stay at the bar to quickly swallow a chaser. The rest move to the dance floor. Kara is about to strike up a conversation with Winn, but Winn is already off to go talk to the DJ about the sound equipment.

Kara leans back against the bar with her elbows propping her up. She laughs at her friends' horrid dancing skills. While looking around the bar, she notices a scene that disturbs her to her core. There is a beautiful woman surrounded by men that just keep feeding her drinks. She is clearly inebriated and should have been cut off long ago. The men are well within her personal space and looking predatory.

Come on, Kara, she might know them. She might be with friends. Not everyone has bad motives. I'm sure she is fine. She must be here with people who are looking out for her. Kara is staring at them blatantly with a pronounced crinkle in her brow.

"Hey, sis! Come join us!" Alex yells drunkenly. "What are you staring at?"

"Do you think she is okay? Should we do something?" Kara shouts while nodding her head at the raven-haired beauty.

Alex sighs while looking at what her sister is pointing at. "Kara, just leave it alone. I'm sure she is okay, and she probably knows them. Not everyone is a damsel in distress."

"Yeah, you are probably right," Kara mumbles. Alex tries to pull Kara out to the dance floor, but Kara just shakes her head and stays rooted to the bar. She watches while laughing at her sister make a fool over herself while dancing back to their friends.

Kara has another drink at the bar and can't let go of her train of thought. What if she doesn't know them? What if by me not doing something, something awful happens to her? What's the worst case scenario if I do intervene? If she knows them and isn't as drunk as she looks, it's not like I will have done anything wrong.

With conviction, Kara slams her glass to the table and decides to take action. She wanders over to the huddle of men surrounding the woman. Kara acts a bit more drunk than she really is and quite literally stumbles into the group.

"Oh my Rao! I'm so sorry! Oh my goodness! I haven't seen you in ages!" Kara exclaims before anyone can interrupt. She quickly wraps the woman in a hug and whispers in her ear, "If you need help, go along with it." Kara notes the annoyed looks on the men's faces.

"Darling! It's so good to see you!" the raven-haired woman replies in an Irish accent. "I really must go to the loo. Come with me so we can catch up!"

"We'll be right back, boys," Kara says with a giggle. The men's scowls shift into little smirks; no doubt thinking they will get two women instead of just one.

The women push their way into the bathroom, and Lena is clutching the sink to stay upright. Kara rushes to her side to help hold her up.

"Are you okay?" Kara asks lightly.

"No- yes- kind of," Lena responds with her eyes firmly shut. "I'm having a terrible case of the spins, but it will pass with some water."

"I'll be right back." Kara rushes to the bar and tips the bartender well for quickly getting her a cup of water before hurrying back into the bathroom. "Here you go."