Lifetime of Happiness

"Darling, what are you doing out here?" Lena asked sleepily.

Kara quickly wiped away tears, trying to hide her current state.

"Oh, baby. I thought we agreed? You were supposed to wake me up so I could help you through this." Lena moved to hug Kara from behind.

Kara sniffled out, "I-I know. But, I'm the Girl of Steel, the Paragon of Hope. I shouldn't be brought to my knees by a measly nightmare."

"It's hardly measly. Being the Girl of Steel or the Paragon of Hope does not mean it is effortless or without strife. You are a hero. And being a hero means seeing and doing things others couldn't even fathom. I would be more concerned if it never phased you. That's the difference between you and people like my brother. I love you, darling. I will always love you. And I will always be there for you."

Kara felt more tears track down her face. "I should be stronger."

"You are strong. Inside and out. You are strong. You are loved. You are astounding. I know you can't accept it or believe it right now, but I need you to hear me and remember it. I will stay right here, with you, until you are ready to try to get some more sleep." Lena placed a gentle kiss to her cheek as she squeezes Kara comfortingly. 

"I don't deserve you."

"You deserve all the good things in life, Kara Zor-el. You will have me for as long as you want me, love. Regardless if you believe you deserve me or not, you have me. Just as I have you, regardless of the times that I don't believe I deserve you."

"You're too good to me." Kara leaned back and openly sobbed.

Lena smirked, knowing how to lighten the mood. "Oh darling, I'm the perfect combination of being perfectly good and perfectly bad to you."

Kara couldn't resist chuckling at her girlfriend's response. She turned her head to kiss Lena's cheek. "Let's go back to bed. I promise you wake you if it happens again."

"You better, missy."

*****************************

Kara groaned, "Lee?" She felt the side of the bed. It was empty and cold. "Lee?" Kara got up and moved through the penthouse looking for her fiancé. She found her out on the balcony with tears running down her face and choked sobs. Kara put a hand on her shoulder. Lena jumped in surprise.

"I'm sorry, darling. You startled me."

"Why didn't you wake me?"

"No point."

"What do you mean, no point?" Kara tapped her to scooch forward. Kara slipped to sit behind Lena with her legs bracketing her.

"No matter what good I do, someone takes it and uses it for evil. People get hurt because of what I have done."

"Lee, you are a good person. No one can help it when bad people perverse technology for their own gain, not even you."

"Stop. Kara, just- stop. You need to stop believing in me."

"Baby, I will never stop believing you. I wouldn't have accepted your proposal otherwise. And when I stand at the alter with you, exchanging vows, I will promise to continue believing in you until the day I die."

Lena started to cry even harder. "Kar, I don't deserve you. I don't deserve your love."

"Remember months ago, when I was struggling? I told you that I didn't deserve you. Do you remember what you told me?"

Lena shook her head. "It's not the same."

"Of course it's the same. You deserve all the good things in life, Lena Luthor. You will have me for as long as you want me, love. Regardless if you believe you deserve me or not, you have me. Just as I have you, regardless of the times that I don't believe I deserve you."