The Escort (AU) Part 3

TW: Some homophobic language and sexist scenes ahead

As Kara and Lena ride in the back of the limo, they can hardly take their eyes off each other. With the partition down, Kara keeps one hand rubbing up and down Lena's thigh for the sake of appearances, or so she tells herself. Lena keeps one arm protectively wrapped around Kara's waist and more than once lets her hands wander to the open back of the dress. 

"Darling, if it weren't for the sake of keeping our clothes and makeup immaculate, I would be ravishing you completely," Lena moans in a deep, throaty voice.

Kara bites her lip trying (and failing) to suppress a moan while watching Lena's ruby red lips with extreme interest. "Who says you would be the one doing the ravishing?"

Lena's eyes immediately blow out and go several shades darker. Lena mentally reminds herself that sex was not negotiated in the contract. For all she knows, Kara is just saying this due to the lack of privacy. After all, she is always so timid when they aren't in the "girlfriend" role. Lena is thankful that she got one off before leaving for the Gala; otherwise she would be rocking a hard-on instead of just a half-mast erection.

"Kara, darling, just remember..." Lena trails the sentence off and makes the gesture of rubbing her right ear while staring intently in Kara's eyes. Kara just nods in understanding.

The limo pulls to a halt outside of the Edge Mansion. Both women see nothing but flashing lights from the paparazzi swarming the entrance. Lena squeezes Kara's hand to provide some kind of reassurance. The driver opens Lena's side first. Lena gracefully exits and walks over to Kara's side. Lena opens the door and offers Kara her hand. Kara takes one last deep breath as she pulls herself out of the back with Lena's assistance. 

As they walk to the entrance of the mansion, Lena's arm naturally falls on Kara's hip. Lena is momentarily startled as Kara wraps an arm around Lena's shoulders and places her other hand on Lena's chest under her blazer. They look positively enamored with each other in such an easy and intimate pose. The paparazzi eat it up.

As they walk through the marble foyer to the garden in the backyard, several guests halt all conversations and stare at the couple. Kara can feel Lena tense in her arms. She sees the physical transformation from loving and devoting woman to rigid and strict CEO in the span of a few seconds. Kara smirks to herself, enjoying the feeling of power emanating from the raven-haired beauty. 

"Why don't I grab us a couple of drinks while you find us a good spot?" Lena suggests.

Kara simply nods and pecks Lena on the cheek. Lena smirks at the blonde while tapping Kara's ass in response. Kara goes to a empty standing table towards the back of the garden. She takes in the scene fully now that she isn't distracted. Many of the people in attendance she recognizes as powerful leaders in National City. A few of them she has even interviewed as part of her Journalism class with Professor Grant. As Kara continues looking around, the host himself approaches her.

"I don't believe we've ever had the pleasure of meeting," Edge says while not so subtly checking Kara out.

Kara smiles politely, "No, I don't believe we have. I'm Kara. Kara Danvers." She holds out her hand. 

Edge takes her hand an kisses it rather than just a friendly hand shake, "Edge. Morgan Edge. I'm hosting this fundraiser." Kara feels very uneasy around Edge as he moves closer to her side and leans forward on the table in front of them. "So, what brings you here? I know everyone on my guest list, except you." Again, Edge blatantly lets his eyes roam Kara's body and lands staring at her tits. He even goes as far as touching Kara's bare back in a less than friendly manner.