Semicolon

TW: Dark fic ahead. Depression. Suicide attempt. Cannot guarantee any happy endings if this fic expands.

@Cami523 - probably not what you were expecting with this one. fair warning.

*****************************

"No, no, no, no, no."

Lex grins with bloody teeth. He struggles to breath, but he manages to get out a harsh chuckle. His smug face is one of one final vicotry.

"You're lying! She... she wouldn't do that to me! She wouldn't lie and betray me!"

"Oh, Lena, Lena, Lena. Haven't you learned? No one can be trusted. No one but family. And you just killed your family for someone who could never believe in you." Lex may be dying, but he will take his final breath gloating. He will take his final breath while watching his dear sister crumble.

The gun clatters on the ground. Lex slumps back as he takes his final, shuddering breath, watching Lena curl up on herself. Lena lets out a sob as she looks at her hands. The smell of gunpowder is overwhelming. She crashes to her knees, arms shaking as she reaches out to her dead brother. The screens are still showing photos and videos of Kara turning into Supergirl and Supergirl turning into Kara. Tears slip down her face without permission. She can't breathe. She can only feel this intense pressure sitting on her chest. Her jaw trembles as she struggles to get her lungs to take in and expel air.

After some time, she just collapses on the ground in a fetal position, arms wrapped around herself in her Armani suit. She has no more tears to cry. No more sobs to wail. No more energy to go on. The people she thought were her friends and family betrayed her, lied to her, made a fool of her. She murdered her own brother. Her eyes glaze over, lifeless, an empty shell. She doesn't know how long it's been, but it's been a while. She needs to bury this place. She needs to fry the computers, bury this place, and... and... she didn't know. She supposed that she didn't need to know.

Lena pushes herself up with shaky arms. She inputs some lines of code to completely wipe the computer system, eliminating all the evidence gathered on who Supergirl really is. She looks around for any hiding spots of dangerous things that Lex might have stashed. She finds nothing. She stares at the gun on the floor. She stares and stares at it. She decides to leave it behind. She does squat by her brother to take his portal watch. She flips it over in her hand, surprised her brother was able to put it in such a small device. As she stands back up, she looks down on her brother with a sneer, disgusted with the man her brother became.

She sets up Lex's self destruct sequence and leaves her brother behind. She doesn't bother looking back as she makes her way through the tunnels of the prison to Lex's secret escape. She stands by her car as she waits for the inevitable explosion. She still feels a hole in her chest. It's overwhelming, but if it's one thing a Luthor knows how to do, it's how to continue on despite the world falling apart around them. When the area of the prison blows up, Lena turns around and leaves.

She autopilots home. She doesn't remember anything about the drive, but she thankfully makes it without incident. She doesn't smile or respond to the night watchman of the building when he greets her. She just marches to the elevator and heads up to her penthouse. She immediately finds her most expensive whiskey, pulls out the cork, and starts chugging it straight from the bottle. She looks out at the cityscape. That hole in her chest only gets wider when she thinks of all the times that Supergirl landed on her balcony only to turn around and show up at the front door as Kara Danvers. She throws the bottle at the floor to ceiling windows.

Glass shatters everywhere. The bulletproof window took no damage, but the bottle leaves a spray of liquor all over the window and floor. The glass lands everywhere. Lena goes over to her liquor cabinet and throws bottle after bottle, screaming as she does. It doesn't make her feel better at all. It just makes her break down even more. She can't bare it. She can't bare the losses of the day. She can't bare the guilt of killing her brother. She can't bare the anger and betrayal of her friends. Her eyes fall to all of that perfectly sharp glass all over the floor. Lena thinks that she should have one last drink for the road. She sighs as she looks at the liquor cabinet. All that's left is the cheap crap buried in the corner. She fishes it out and only hesitates briefly before she unscrews the cap and chugs some more.