Virtual Reality (part 2)

AN: you will still be thirsty by the end of this. Drink up while you can

***********************

Kara tries. She tries so hard to listen to whatever words are coming out of Lena's mouth. All she can hear are the moans, gasps, and breaths her best friend makes when she is cumming. All she can see is miles and miles of pale flesh that is just so damn kissable. For once, Kara's inner monologue is completely and utterly silent. Her mind just conjures up images of other things she would like to do to her best friend that is standing directly in front of her.

"Kara? Kara?" Lena asks repetitively. "Did you hear anything I just said?"

Kara literally shakes herself out of her stupor. "Sorry, sorry, Lee! I wasn't expecting you. How are you? I haven't heard from you in ages."

"Well, as I was saying, I'm so sorry for my absence as of late. I- I found something out that was difficult to process. I needed time alone. Are you okay? You are looking a little flushed?" Lena gently grasps Kara's forearm to lead her to the couch. She feels Kara's forehead to see if she has a fever.

"I'm okay, Lee. Promise. And you don't need to apologize. You take all the time you need. But I just want to make sure that you know that I'm always here for you."

Oh Rao, oh Rao, oh Rao. Kara Zor-el, you idiot. She needed space because she found out that you are Supergirl. In the VR, you called her zhao. You used your powers. She needed to process that her best friend has been lying to her for years. And you can't tell her that you know because if you tell her that you know, you have to tell her that you looked into her virtual reality worlds. And if you tell her that, she will know which one you watched, you absolute pervert.

"Kara? You with me?"

"Y-yeah!"

"What did I just say?"

"Uh, um. I'm not sure." Kara hangs her head. She just lied to her best friend, again.

"I was just saying how there is something I need to talk with you about, but clearly something is preoccupying your mind. What's going on?"

"N-nothing! What did you want to talk about? You have my full attention this time. I promise."

"Darling, you literally zoned out twice on me. What's on your mind?"

Kara fiddles with her fingers. She looks down at her lap as she takes a deep breath. "I-I just missed you, Lee. You're my favorite person. I've been worried about you. Everyone has. Like I said, I'm here for you. Always. So, what did you want to tell me?"

This time, Lena picks at her nails and looks at her lap. She opens and shuts her mouth a few times to try force out what she needs to say. "I- I know, Kara. I know your secret. I know you are Supergirl," she whispers.

"Lee-" Kara struggles to say without breaking down in tears. "I'm so, so sorry. I wanted to tell you for so long I-"

"Kara, it's okay," Lena interrupts. "I was angry at first. I was so angry. I thought that if I hid myself away, I would move on and wouldn't have to deal with it. I thought it would be easier. But of course I couldn't stop thinking about it... thinking about you. I remembered all the times you saved me, as Kara Danvers and as Supergirl. I thought about all the conversations I had when I thought you were two different people. Once I realized you were one in the same, things started to make more sense. You only hid it to protect me. I was already a target. Knowing who you are would only make it bigger."

Kara wipes tears from her eyes and sniffles. "Lena, I never meant to hurt you. Everyone I love is at constant risk, and I never want you to get hurt because of me."