Sensitivities

AN: Dedicated to someone with the same filthy thoughts as me: FrostyDreamer90

Kara is running late... like always. She is rushing through the lobby of Catco and quickly ducks into the elevator. Thankfully, Lena allows them to use the direct access elevator instead of waiting forever to get up to the top floors with everyone else in the building. She pushes the button repeatedly as if it will speed up to get to the staff meeting. She mutters to herself, willing it to go faster. When the soft 'ding' goes off, Kara twists her torso to weasel out before the doors fully open. Her body slams into someone in her rush.

"Ahhh."

"Ooh, I'm so sorry!" Kara exclaims.

Lena is doubled over and holding her chest, gasping in pain. Her eyes are tightly shut as she feels Kara's hands latch onto her forearms to help keep her upright. She was just trying to go out to go pick up a fresh cup of coffee as a break. She lets the reporter just guide her back into her office.

"Lena, are you alright?!" Kara panics. Yes, she is as study as a cement wall, but Lena shouldn't be in this much pain.

"Mhmm, 'm fine," Lena grunts as she is plopped onto the couch with Kara crouched in front of her. She pulls her loose shirt out just a bit to look down it. She winces at the sight and reaches for some tissues.

"Lena!! You're bleeding!!"

"It's nothing, Kar. I'm okay. I promise," she reassures as she lightly dabs the tissue under the shirt. She tosses the bloody thing on the table before grabbing another one.

"Why are you bleeding?!"

When Lena is done cleaning up the fresh blood and making sure it has clotted, she looks into those concerned blue eyes. She lets out a little sigh before answering. "Running into you just upset the new piercing."

"Piercing? Wha-" Kara trails off with shock written all over her face. She lets out a quiet, "oh."

Lena smirks at the reaction. She expected as much from her rather prudish friend. She reaches into her purse and pulls out a couple pain meds now that her sensitive flesh has been irritated unexpectedly. She cuts Kara a break with her next question. "So, I noticed your absence from the staff meeting. Supergirl duties keeping you busy?"

Lena just finishes dry swallowing the pills when she looks back to Kara. Her friend is staring, and not at her face. She holds back a laugh as best as she can. It appears that she has broken her dearest friend. "Kara, darling?"

Kara shakes herself out of the stupor. She blushes after realizing that she was blatantly staring at a less than polite area of her best friend. She opens and shuts her mouth a few times, willing her brain to respond appropriately. She meant to say 'yes, Supergirl was needed at a robbery,' but instead she squeaked out, "New?"

"What's that?" Lena tilts her head in confusion. It takes her a moment to realize what Kara was asking. She finds it amusing that Kara's mind has screeched to a halt about a simple piercing. "Ah, yes. New. Unfortunately after an unexpected assassination attempt, the original piercing fell out and the hole closed before I could get a new one in."

Kara mind fritzes again. She can't get over the fact that Lena ever had a piercing... there. But clearly she did have one before if this is just a repiercing. She doesn't know how she hasn't known before that Lena had her... nipple pierced. Kara freezes in her thoughts again. Piercing or piercings? She has a strange and strong desire to know if it's just the one or if it's both. She plays with the thought of using her xray vision, but that would be a gross violation of privacy. She licks her lips as she steels herself to be brave and ask the question.