Dueling Pianos

AN: I never watched Glee, but of course, had to do some digging for Melissa. I don't take credit for the videos. Not necessary to listen to them for the plot.

"Come on, Kara! It'll be fun!" Winn yelled enthusiastically.

"Guys, come on!" Kara pleaded.

Nia slung an arm over Kara's shoulder while chipping in, "It'll be different when you are in the audience instead of the one playing. Besides, it'll be fun to listen to other people's renditions and styles."

"Please, Kara! I've heard amazing things about the performers tonight, and we all want you to spend time with us. We rarely get to see you since you are always working nights," Alex begged.

"Ugh! Fine! But you all are buying me my drinks!" Kara caved while walking into her bedroom to change. She smiled lightly to herself and hearing her friends whoop and cheer in response.

Before they know it, they were wandering into the piano bar. Immediately, Kara beelined to the bar to order herself an old fashioned. She pulled Winn along to make sure he opened a tab. As they were busy at the bar, Nia and Alex found a table towards the front by the stage. The women were bouncing in excitement for performers the bar had booked for the night. They had gotten there a full 2 hours early just to make sure they got good seats. About an half hour after the gang had settled in, the piano bar was at capacity.

The layout had tables at the front, sides, and way in the back to leave a bit of a dance floor in the middle. On the stage there were two beautiful grand pianos. There was already a bowl for tips and a bowl for suggestions at the edge of the stage. The bar was loud with laughter and excitement. As much as Kara tried to avoid spending her free time in the same type of setting as her work, she was enjoying her time with her friends.

Suddenly, the crowd hushed the moment there was movement on stage. Cheers and hollers filled the area as two women stepped on stage from opposite ends. The both politely waved out to the audience. One was tall with olive skin and long brown hair. She was gorgeous in her converse, skinny jeans, and baggy v-neck tee. The other had Kara choking on her drink. She was significantly shorter than first with alabaster skin and raven hair. She had piercing green eyes and bright red lipstick. She wore some pretty impressive heels with leggings and a long flowy shirt that just hugs her curves just right. If the first woman was gorgeous, the second one was out of this world.

As they both setup at each piano, they moved the mics to a more comfortable position. Before they even address the crowd, they just comfortably chat with each other like they were just hanging out alone.

"Hey, shorty. How you've been?"

"Hey, Xena. Slay anybody today?"

"I'm working on it," the brunette winked into the crowd.

"Good evening, girls, gays, and theys!" the ravenette with an Irish accent. The crowd give a large whoop in response. "And I suppose all you heteronormative cismen, too. Welcome to dueling piano night at Krypton's Bar! Xena: Warrior Princess over there is my dearest friend and competitor, Sam Arias!" The crowd cheered at the introduction.

"And shorty over there, if you can see her, is the most precious human I've the honor of knowing and destroying, the one and only, Lena Luthor!" Sam made a big deal to strike a dramatic Will Smith pose to indicate the dark haired woman. "We will be your entertainment this evening. As always, we are going to have a bit of fun for ourselves first. Feel free to write suggestions and place them in the bowl up here. Tips always appreciated."

Lena saw the people in the back craning their necks to figure out where the bowls were so she called out, "Hey blondie! Be a dear and stand up so people know where to go, would you?" Kara froze for a minute and looked around, unsure if Lena meant her. "Yeah, you darling!" Kara timidly stood and lifted up the bowl from where it was on the stage. Lena leaned away from the mic so only Kara could hear, "Thank you, my dear. When you have a suggestion, put it under the bowl, and I will be sure to play it for you." Lena even threw in a quick wink.