34.

M I N A

"Son Chaeyoung! Can you please stop being stubborn? Just drink your medicine so you would get better."

Chaeyoung sat back down on the chair and grab the tablet that is on my palm.

"Ugh! Do I really need to drink this? Can't I have the syrup one, please?" Chaeyoung said.

"That is what all we have. Your syrup is empty, and that is the only medicine that is available for you to drink. If I am going to buy a new one, it will take longer, you need to drink your meds already." I said and she sighs.

She hates drinking tablets, she's not having a hard time swallowing it, but she prefers to drink the syrup one.

After she drank her medicine, I told her to back to her room so she could rest but she doesn't want to.

"Aish! You're so hard to handle when you're sick." I blurted out suddenly.

"Sorry... I'll go to bed now." She sadly said and left.

Is she upset? Did I upset her?

I watch her walk going to her room with her heavy footsteps.

Yeah, she's totally upset.

After washing the plates, I followed Chaeyoung towards her room and was expecting her to be in her bed but she wasn't there.

I look around her room and saw her balcony open. I walk towards there and was relieved to see Chaeyoung sitting on her outdoor couch.

"Why are you here? You're supposed to be in bed." I said sitting down beside her.

"I don't want to be in bed." She mumbled.

And I look at her as she hugs her knees.

"Are you cold?" I asked.

"No, I'm not cold. How about you, why are you cold?"

"Huh?" I look at her with confusion.

"I asked why are you cold." She said and I frown my eyebrows more.

"What do you mean cold I am no-." I cut off my sentence when I realized what she meant.

Of course, she'll notice that I am suddenly distancing myself from her.

"Come on, let's go in, you need to rest." I change the topic and stand up.

I headed in first and waited for Chaeyoung to step into her room before I closed the sliding door.

She sat on her bed and look at me.

"You should go, I'm fine, I can take care of myself. Thank you for cooking and checking up on me. I'm sorry if I'm hard to handle." Chaeyoung said.

"I won't leave until I make sure you are alright and not until your brother is back." I said and she shakes her head.

"Why do you want to stay? You said I am hard to handle and I am making you leave to make it easier for you."

"Easier for me? What are you saying?" I asked.

She gazed at me and I gulped when I saw how serious she is.

"You are avoiding me, right? You can leave, I am making it easy for you to avoid me." She said.

"Chaeyoung..."

"What? It is true, right? You are avoiding me. Why are you even avoiding me? Did I do something wrong? Did I say something that hurts you? Tell me, I'll make it right." She said with her begging tone.

I'm sorry...

"It's not like tha-."

"Then what is it?! I hate this, I hate it ao much. I don't want this. I don't want you avoiding me." She said and her voice cracked in the end.

Is she going to cry? Is she that hurt that I am avoiding her?

"But I have to." I softly said.

"What do you mean you have to?"

"Nothing... Go to sleep, you need to rest." I avoided her question and was about to go out of her room when she was fast enough to grab my wrist to stop me.

"Chaeyoung, you need to rest." I said.

"I know but I don't want to rest without knowing the answer. Answer me first." Chaeyoung sternly said and I shake my head.

"Let's just talk when you are okay."

"I want now. I know you'll continue to avoid it once I am fine again. Just, please.... Tell me, Mina."

She's right. That's my plan, avoid her until my feelings for her are gone.

"Chaeyoung, you won't... I... You won't understand."

"Then make me understand Mina. How can you even tell that I don't understand why, when you haven't even told me about it." She said pleadingly.

"I just need to." I repeated what I said earlier.

"Mina, can you please just tell me why you need to? Just go straight to the point." She frustratingly said.

"I don't want to ruin anything." I said looking on the floor, I glance at her and saw her face confused.

"Ruin anything? What is that even supposed to mean?" She asked.

"Relationship." I shortly said.

"Relationship? What are yo- how can you ruin a relationship? Mina, you are confusing me."

I look at her in the eye and saw how confused she is. She wasn't supposed to react like this. She should get already what I meant.

"Relationship Chaeyoung, relationship."

"No! Min-."

"Why can't you just get what I am saying? Chaeyoung, I don't want to ruin the relationship you have already, okay?"

"Mina, you won't ruin anything. I haven't con-."

"Chaeyoung, you have a girlfriend! I don't want to ruin what you have with her!"

"Girlfriend?"

Is she dumb?

"Aish! Why are you even like this?!" I am so frustrated that I shed a tear already.

"I don't have a freaking girlfriend! Okay?! I haven't confessed yet to her!"

"Still!"

"Still? And you think it is okay for me? Do you think I am fine with you avoiding me? Huh?"

It will be okay for her, I know.

I am just no one.

"Yes..."

"MINA! NO! IT WON'T BE FINE FOR ME!" She angrily shouted which made me flinch.

I look at her and was surprised to see her crying.

"It's not fine Mina... It is not..."

"Why not?" I bravely asked.

"It's because I love you! I love you Myoui Mina! I've been secretly loving you..."

-

Okay, lame, sorry.