48.

A U T H O R

The sound of the waves can be heard. The beautiful view of the sea can be seen. Your feet touching the sand feels a little bit ticklish. The air you breathe feels fresh. Being at the seashore makes you feel relaxed. 

Busan.

The place where Mina decided to go after leaving her lover. This place is the only place she could say that she can hide at and this place helped her a lot to escape the anxiety she felt after receiving the threats and decided to leave all of her loved ones in Seoul without any words of explanation.

The day she left Chaeyoung, she brought herself and Heejin here at Busan. They stayed at a cheap hotel for weeks before she gets her and Heejin a house to live in. Their house is near the seashore, that's why the Japanese would be there after her and as she waits for her child to be finished with school.

It was a hard decision for Mina to leave, but she still did. She needed to, for everyone's safety. She wasn't supposed to do it, but a call triggered her.

A call that she received when she was inside Chaeyoung's room. Every time she remembers it, it makes her shiver and anxious. 

When she left, she doesn't know what to do, she doesn't know how can they survive. Mina has a saving that supported her and Heejin for months. She was worried, but good thing that two people somehow helped her be okay and keep on going with her life.

They were there for Mina when she needed someone to talk to her and comfort her. They are there every time Mina needs to go to her job and someone needed to look after Heejin. They were there to help her gain herself again.

Mina works at a flower shop on the day and works at an eatery from six o'clock at night until midnight. She doesn't need to work two jobs but wants to, just to assure that she and Heejin can have a better future.

"Mommy!" Mina smiled when she heard her only source of happiness now called her.

"Hey, slow down there." She said and Heejin giggled.

"Sorry, I just missed you." Heejin said and hugged her mommy.

"I missed you too Heekkie, how's school?" Mina asked.

"It was great! I got a perfect score on my math test." Heejin proudly said.

"That's great, by the way, where's Eunbi?" Mina asked when she noticed that her child is alone.

"I... I am here Mina imo. She... She runs so fast." A kid's voice was heard.

"Am I? Mian Eunbi unnie." Heejin said.

Eunbi is the child of the two people that helped Mina. Eunbi is already thirteen but she gets along with the eight-year-old Heejin. The two would go to school together and also goes home together. 

"Let's go? Your parents must be waiting already." Mina said and they walk away.

Reaching the house, Eunbi barge in and shouted that she is home.

"Aish you kid, how many times I told you not to shout that loud." 

"Hm, hi there mama." Eunbi didn't mind her mama's complaint and just greeted her.

"Hi Irene imo!" Heejin greeted.

"Hey there little bunny." Irene greeted her back Heejin.

Irene told the kid to follow Eunbi so she could talk to Mina.

"You're still continuing working at the eatery?" Irene asked giving Mina some water.

"Yes, unnie."