5.

C H A E Y O U N G

The day continues and we talked about random things. Like the usual, Mina is quiet and she only talks when one of us talked to her. After eating our dinner, we gather around the garden area to drink some beer.

"First one to get drunk needs to treat us in a fancy restaurant when Tzuyu gets back!" Dahyun unnie said and I heard some groans.

"Unfair!" Nayeon unnie said.

"Yeah!" Momo unnie said.

We started to drink and talk about random things about our lives. I don't know how many bottles I've drunk already but I'm still not drunk. I have a high tolerance for alcohol.

"Nayeonie needs to treat us some food!" Momo unnie shouted who's also drunk already.

"Aniyo!" Nayeon unnie said who looks like ready to pass out.

I look at the angel beside me and she pretty much looks fine. She already drank four bottles of beer and she's still sober.

"I think that's enough for tonight. We'll go ahead, thanks for the invite Tzuyu. See you when you get back." Jeongyeon unnie said and helped Nayeon unnie to stand up.

"I'll go ahead too." Dahyun unnie said.

Mina stands up and goes towards the drunk Momo unnie.

"Let's go now Momo unnie. We need to go."

"You staying over small?"

"No, I'll go home." I told Tzuyu.

"Sana unnie, Tzuyu, we'll go ahead. Thank you for the invite. Have a nice night." Mina said while having a hard time at making Momo unnie standstill.

She looked at me and nod.

I stand up from my seat and helped her.

"Come on, I'll help you." I said.

"Giant, I'll go ahead too. Bye! Don't do anything naughty!" I said and I heard Sana unnie giggled.

I helped Mina to put Momo unnie inside the car.

"Thanks for the help Ms. Chaeyoung." Mina said.

"Welcome Ms. Myoui, have a great night. Drive safely." I said and she smiled.

"You too Ms. Chaeyoung. See you on Monday."

Can I just melt? Why is her smile so sweet?

I watch as the car drove away before I step in my car. I put on the seatbelt and started the engine.

As soon as I reach my house, I go into my bedroom and plop down on my bed. I close my eyes and fell into a deep slumber.

It was already afternoon when I woke up the next.

"Ugh! My head hurts." I groaned.

I forced myself to get up from my bed and walk into the bathroom to take a bath. When I was done, I wear some comfortable clothes and go out of my bedroom to get some food.

Upon heading out of the room, I smelled something delicious from the kitchen.

Hmm? Who could it be?

I slowly walk towards the kitchen and saw a woman cooking in my kitchen.

"Who are you?"

The woman turns around and I frown.

"What are you doing her mom?" I asked.

"Can't I visit my daughter?  Your brother told me that you're here." She said.

"Hmm, do you need anything from me?" I ask immediately going straight to the point.

I'm not close to my parents because they are always out. My mom, she only talks to me when she needed something when she wants me to do some favor for her. Is that how moms always do?

"Chaeyoung..."

See? She always does this. She begins with my name and continues with the favor she wanted me to do.

"Can you meet my friend's son later?"

"Mom, I told you before. Stop doing this to me. I don't want to meet any of your colleagues' sons." I just woke up and my day is already ruined. Great.

"Katarina i-."

"No! I'm not going to do it, mom." I sternly said.

I annoyingly walk back to my room and plop down on my bed.

I hate my life!

Someone knocked on my door and I'm sure that it's my mom, there is no one inside of my house except me and her.

"Chae, go out of your room. You need to eat." I heard my mom said.

"I'm not hungry." I said even though I was so hungry already.

"I know you are hungry. Come, I'll join you."

"Mom, if you are doing this because you want m-."

"No! No, I won't force you, I promise. I just want to eat with you." I looked at her for a moment before standing up.

I was walking behind my mom and as we reach the dining room, she turned towards me, smiling.

"Sit, I made you your favorite dishes."

I slowly walk towards the table and was impressed that she cooked every dish I like.

"Did I missed something? What is it? Tell me so I could add it up."

"You didn't miss anything mom. I... I'm just impressed? Shocked? How'd you know that this is all my favorite?" I said and look at her.

"It's because you are my daughter, Chaeyoung. I noticed everything, I know what you like and what you don't like."

Mom made me sat down on the chair and she serves me some of the dishes she cooked. She then sat in front of me and waited for what will my reaction be.

"This is good." I said.

"I'm glad you liked it. I was worried that you won't like it or my cooking will be the worse you'll ever taste. It's been years since I last cooked something." She honestly said.

We continue to eat in silence and I was wondering why my mom is doing this.

She never does this, she never cooked for me.

"Mom, be honest, why are you doing this?" She sigh.

"Well, I know that me and your dad have been busy for many many years and I rarely talk to you or be with you. Every time we talk, we always have a misunderstanding or it would end briefly. I want to spend some time with you, if that's okay?"

I look at her and saw her pleading eyes.

Mom is right, we never had a mother and daughter talk, it's always related to business or it may be mom scolding me at something.

"I would love to."