3 Returning to Charming

I glanced up at TM as the taxi pulled into the lot.

"Who's that?" I heard as I paid the driver and got out, my daughter in tow. She clung to me so I picked the three year old up and sat her on my hip.

"How can we help ya lass?" Chibs asked.

"Is that any way to greet the princess of SAMCRO?" I asked, pushing my sunglasses up off my eyes.

"Sam?" He asked.

"I thought you weren't going to recognize me Chibs. You had me worried," I said.

He hugged me tightly before stepping away.

"Who's this little cutie?" He asked.

"Ava Marie Teller," I said.

"Hey there lass," he said. She hid a little more into my shoulder.

"Remember Mommas friend Chibs?" I asked.

She nodded.

"That's me," he said. She relaxed a little but it didn't last long as everyone ran out of the garage.

"Get outta the way that's my daughter," Gemma said. I smiled at my mom as she pulled me into a hug.

"How was France?" She asked.

"Might have been the best four years of my life," I said. "Plus I got this little one outta the deal."

"She's adorable," my mom said.

"Ava," I said. "Elle est ta grand-mère(she is your grandma)."

"What the hell was that?" My baby brother asked as he walked up. Ava was glancing around at everyone gathering nervously. The guys were intimidating so I understood.

"French," I said as I hugged my brother. "It will keep all y'all outta our mother daughter business."

"At least it's a white mans language," Clay said. I smiled softly.

"Hello Clay," I said.

"How was your time across the pond?"

"Amazing," I said.

"Mama," Ava said softly. I looked down at her and she was pointing to the swings. "Wanna play."

"Jax," I said. He glared at me, obviously saying no.

"I'll take her," my mom said.

"Ava, écoute ta grand-mère(listen to your grandma)," I said. She nodded and went with Gemma who talked to her as they walked towards the swings.

"What happened with her dad?" Jax asked, his arm around my shoulders.

"Left, outta the blue," I said. "It's good to be home though. I figured it was a sign."

"It's good to have ya home," he said, kissing my temple.

"Is that Samantha Teller?" Tig asked. I smiled brightly and ran over to hug him. He wrapped me in his arms tightly and picked me up a little.

"I've missed you Tiggy," I said.

"I've missed you too," I said.

"How have you been?" He asked.

"Great," I said with a smile.

We started walking over towards the playground area.

"Who's the little one?"

"My daughter," I said.

"Wow, she's amazing," he said.

"The love of my life," I said.

"I know I am," he said. "We're talking about your kid."

I glared at him harshly.

"Mama," Ava said as we approached. "Grand-mère a dit que-(grandma said that)."

"En anglais en public(in English in public)."

"Grandma said we could have a party," she said.

"Did she?" I asked. She nodded and I looked up at my mother who shrugged.

"We've gotta welcome you home SAMCRO style," she said.

"Fine, tonight?" I asked.

"7:30," my mother said.

"Ava is three," I said.

"You can use my dorm to put her down for a bit if you need to," Tig said. I smiled at him softly.

"Cool, well, I need to go get settled into the apartment and find appropriate clothes for the two of us," I said.

"Need a lift?" Tig asked.

"Not putting a three year old on a bike," I said.

"Nah the TM truck," he said.

"Yeah, let me go see Ope and Bobby real quick. You wanna hang out for a bit and just bring us back?"

"Sure thing," he said. "I'll go tell Clay."

I nodded and grabbed Ava so we could head out.

"No fucking way," Opie said.

"Ope, children are present," I said.

"Pardon my French," he said.

"That's not French," Ava said, incredibly confused.

"Like mother like daughter," Bobby said, earning a chuckle from me. I know my daughter has my sarcastic mouth.

"I just wanted to stop by and say hi. I guess we're having a homecoming party tonight," I said.

"I'm glad you're home and that we finally got to meet Ava," Bobby said as he hugged me.

"Yeah. She's still a bit shy," I said. "She'll get used to you all though."

"That she will," Opie said as he hugged me too.

"Il eat beau(he is handsome)," Ava said quietly causing me to laugh and ask if she meant Opie to which she only nodded.

"What'd she say?" He asked.

"She called you handsome," I said. He chuckled as Tig walked up spinning the keys of the truck on his finger.

I said goodbye and climbed into the truck with Ava.

"I've really got to get a car," I said.

"I'll keep my eyes open," he said.

"Thanks," I said and we started to catch up.