26 Shopping

A couple hours later Tig walked back through the door.

"Ready?" He asked. He seemed stressed about whatever had gone down.

"Yeah, you good?" I asked. Ava had wanted to watch some cartoons so I let her. She started to fall asleep so I was holding her in my arms.

He nodded and pressed his lips together.

"Ava baby do you still want to go shopping?" I asked.

"Yes," she said, opening her eyes a little. She saw Tig and smiled. He returned the smile. I stood up with her still in my arms and he grabbed her shoes, helping her get them on.

"Tiggy," I said, earning his attention. "Everything okay?"

"Yeah," he said, kissing my forehead.

"I love you," I said softly.

"I love you too," he said. We headed out to my car and drove off for the nearest store. Ava was very happy as she got to pick out some toys and some books. I got her some new clothes too although she was less impressed with those.

"What are you doing tomorrow Tig?" I asked softly as we walked through the store. Ava was happily distracted with her new toy.

"Just work," he said.

"So you could make some cookies with us tomorrow afternoon?" I asked. "Ava wanted to before the apartment burned."

"Yeah. I'm done at TM about 4," he said.

"Sounds good. I'll go grocery shopping in the morning," I said as we walked through the home decor section of the store. I stopped to look at some stuff and Tig took over pushing the cart.

"Oh no Ava," he said dramatically. "Mama is going to spend all my money."

"Can I help?" She asked looking at me with the biggest bright blue eyes ever. Those eyes were going to get her in major trouble because I can't say no to them and neither can Tig.

"Of course you can sweetheart," I said. I picked her up from the cart and we started looking at the items on the shelves.

"Like mother like daughter," Tig said.

"You brought this on yourself," I said holding up my left hand that still contained his ring.

"Yeah I did," he said. "And I wouldn't trade you two for anything."

"Oh gross," I said. "Getting all sappy. What happened to Tig 'I have no emotions' Trager?"

"He's been through too much to keep bottling," Tig said. "The bottles were running over."

"Ahh," I said. "Explains a lot."

"You'd think we understand one another," he said. I smiled at him and added a few more things to the cart before we headed to the check out.

When we got home, Ava was ready for bed so I put her to bed and headed off in search of Tig.

"Hey baby," he said as I entered the bedroom.

"Hello my love," I said. I walked over and wrapped my arms around him as he grabbed something from his dresser.

"I'm going to shower. Join me?" He asked.

"I'd love to," I said.

A while later we were laying in our bed together.

"Thank you for everything," I said.

"Of course baby," he said. "You're the one I want to do this life thing with so why not get started."

"I love you too," I said. "It's so weird though. Our house. Our life. Us. Our."

"I like the way it sounds though. It's almost as good as the fact that one day I'll get to call you my wife."

"Samantha Trager," I said. "I can't wait."

"Me either," he said. He turned my face towards his and kissed my lips before moving so he was hovering over me and could deepen the kiss even more.