28 Caught a Bullet in the Ass

The next few months were crazy as I returned to work, hired the only French speaking nanny I could find, and planned my wedding. Tig and I still hadn't made an announcement, but he'd bought me a ring and I started wearing it. It wasn't anything over the top, but it was pretty and I loved it.

The club business wasn't too crazy, so we'd been able to see plenty of Tig and the rest of the guys minus Opie, who pled guilty to his arson charges and was sentenced to ten years, parole in five if he was on good behavior. I'd started to help Donna out when she needed it too. Having one kid and two parents was a lot for Tig and I so I couldn't imagine the tables flipped like her situation. I'd watch the kids on occasion so she could go see Opie, or I'd have Abi, Ava's nanny, take them.

She was great with kids and she spoke French so Ava was able to continue to use her first language. Ava was happy with Abi watching her during the days, which was a good thing because she just missed the cut off for getting into preschool in the fall. She'd have to go to Charming Elementary because I couldn't afford private school, but my brothers and I all went there and it was an adequate education. By no means was it the type of education she would've gotten in France or even a bigger city but the teachers all cared about their students and would do everything they could for the kids.

Work at TM was boring and monotonous but since I was no longer hauling Ava with me, Tig and I would ride together on his bike on days when he knew he wouldn't get pulled away and leave me stranded. My mom and I were able to reconcile and weren't constantly down one another's throats about petty shit. Clay still wasn't fond of me, but I didn't care. He saw Jax as a son and still treated him like shit most the time so at least that wasn't happening to me.

As Ava's birthday approached, I had to put wedding planning on hold and start birthday party prep. We were going to have to have it at the Clubhouse because the only people she really cared about were club adjacent in some fashion or another. Luckily for me, my mother was ecstatic to have a kids birthday party to plan for again, so she took the reins and did a lot of the work.

I was finishing up on a Friday afternoon, the day before Ava's party, when I got a frantic phone call from Chibs.

"Aye lass, your old man caught a bullet in the arse," he said.

"He okay?" I asked. "Obviously not. I mean he gonna make it?"

"Yeah, I gotta patch him up. We're on our way," he said.

"I'll get the church ready," I said. The line went dead and I sighed a little.

"What's wrong baby?" My mom asked, looking up from her invoices.

"Tig caught a bullet," I said.

"What?" She asked.

"In his ass," I said. She stifled a laughed as I chuckled. "Yeah so I'm gonna go get him some whiskey and set up the church."

She nodded and I grabbed my phone, heading in to the clubhouse.

"Prospect," I said, earning Juice's attention. "Gather some whiskey and the medical supplies."

I grabbed some cleaning supplies and towels, heading into the church and cleaning it up. I heard the rumble of bikes as I leaned against the doors.

Chibs was yelling as he and Clay carried Tig in and laid him on his stomach on the table. I wasn't worried. I'd seen way too many bullet holes. Honestly I just wanted to laugh at my dumb ass old man.

"Here baby," I said, popping the bottle in my hands open and handing it to him. He took a swig as Clay glared at me.

"Oh put it on my tab," I said as I sat down on the table right by Tig's head as Chibs started to pull the towel off the wound. I turned a little to look at the wound as Chibs was talking to Bobby quickly.

"Y'all need to start carrying tampons," I said.

"The fuck?" Jax asked.

"You comparing my bullet wound to a pussy?" Tig asked before taking another swig.

"They were originally made for bullet wounds," I said with a shrug. "They expand and apply pressure while absorbing the blood. Probably stop the bleeding quicker to get your dumb asses back here safe."

"Fuck," Tig screamed as Chibs pulled the slug from his ass.

"Oh you're okay," Jax said with a chuckle. Tig growled a little and I placed my hand on his head as my phone rang. I looked at the clock and remembered that Abi was supposed to leave early.

"Fuck," I muttered before kissing Tigs head. "It's Abi."

I walked out of the room and answered the phone.

"Hey I'm just wondering where you are," Abi said.

"I had an emergency come up with my fiancé. Can you drop her off here at TM? If not I can swing home and grab her," I said.

"We'll be there shortly," she said.

"Thanks Abi," I said. I hung up the phone and returned to the Church.

"Everything okay?" Tig asked. I nodded.

"Abi's gotta drop Ava off so she can leave early. I'm gonna go meet her and have Mom keep an eye on her," I said.

"I'm almost done lass," Chibs said, looking up at me. I nodded and kissed Tig again before heading out to the TM lot.