18 Opening Up

Trigger warning: abusive stepfather (Clay) and miscarriage

After two rounds, Tig and I were laying on the bed together trying to avoid the fact that we needed to go pick Ava up.

"We could let her spend the night at grandmas," Tig suggested.

"No," I said.

"Cause of Clay?" He asked. I nodded a little.

"What happened baby?" He asked.

"Clay abused me. Remember how when we first met I told you I was still healing up from a car accident?" I asked. He nodded a little as my eyes began to water. He deserved to know.

"Like seven weeks prior, I'd found out I was pregnant. I'd slept with some blonde prospect in town for my Dad's funeral. I was going through it. I was sixteen had just lost my baby brother and now my dad. But anyways, I told Clay and Mom because, well I was sixteen and barely knew the dad so I had nowhere else to turn. About a week after that, I got into a fight with Clay cause they wanted me to have an abortion. Thought I was too young to be a good mom. Clay then took it upon himself to beat the shit out of me and make it look like a car accident. I lost the baby."

"Oh no baby," he said, pulling me into his arms. "I'm so sorry Sammy."

"Thanks Tig," I said. "But then you showed up and my life turned around. Got better. I healed and you helped."

"I'm glad I decided to balls up and prospect then," he said. I smiled through my tears a little and kissed him.

"Let's go get the kiddo," I said. He nodded so I got up and threw on some leggings and a shirt and grabbed my leather jacket.

"Whenever you need backing about Ava not being allowed around Clay, I've got you babe," Tig said.

"I know," I said. "I need that to extend to our kids too."

"Oh so that's a thing now?" He asked with a chuckle as I wiped my eyes one final time.

"I sure hope so Tig," I said.

"I can't wait to have kids with you," he said.

"Me either Tig," I said. He smiled down at me and kissed my head before we headed out to his bike.

When we arrived back at Mom and Clays place, Clay tried to steal Tig away for something.

"Where is she?" I asked my mother.

"In your old bed. She got tired and started talking French again," she said.

"Yes, because it's her first language," I said.

"You gotta make her learn English," my mother said.

"I'll only hire French speaking babysitters in the future," I said in annoyance as I headed down the hall and opened the door to my old bedroom.

"Mama?" Ava asked softly.

"Yeah baby," I said. "Ready to go back to the clubhouse?"

"Yes please," she said. I picked her up and carried her back to the kitchen where Tig was waiting annoyance clear on his face.

"Everything okay?" I asked.

"No everything is not okay," my mother snapped.

"I thought I could not beat the shit out of him. Turns out I was wrong," Tig said storming out.

"The hell?" I asked looking between my mother and her husband, who was now sporting a nice shiner and a few cuts from Tig's rings.

"Your old man lost his shit cause someone told him Clay beat you and caused you to miscarry at 16," my mom said.

"Cause he did," I said.

"It was a car accident," Clay said.

"Car accidents cover up a lot of shit don't they," I responded.

"The hell's that supposed to mean?" My mother asked.

"Exactly what it sounds like," I said. I walked out to where Tig was waiting by the car. He opened the door for Ava and I put her in her car seat.

"What happened?" I asked.

"He started going on about how it's been too long since the last run and your ma doesn't go down on him and really just shooting the breeze and all I saw was him beating the shit out of you," he said. "I lost it and started hitting before I knew what happened."

"You hurt?"

"No," he said, kissing my temple. "I'll see ya at the clubhouse."

"I love you Tig," I said.

"Love you too," he said as he walked away to his bike and I got into my car to head back to the clubhouse for the night.