38 Reason to Believe

"Ava's stuffed animals were found in the car. There's no blood or anything that would make us suspect foul play. There's reason to believe she's still alive," Eglee said. I swallowed and nodded.

"Thank you," I said. She nodded.

"Wayne said he'd keep you updated. You should go home. Try to rest," she said.

"As much as I appreciate it Eglee," I said. "I'll rest when my daughter is home."

"Sorry," Juice said softly to Eglee as she turned. "Seriously Sam? She's doing everything she can."

"I know, but my daughter is missing."

"And you heard her. There's reason to believe she is still alive," Juice said. "Now come on. Bobby needs us."

"Yeah," I said.

When we arrived back at the clubhouse, Tacoma had also arrived.

"Sam?" Someone asked. I'd recognize that voice anywhere, and apparently even ten years later.

"Hey," I said, walking over to him.

"I'm so sorry about your kid," he said.

"Thanks man," I said. He offered a hug and I took before one of the guys yelled for him. Kozik, that was his name. I shook my head as I walked into the clubhouse with Kozik and Juice.

"Sam," Bobby said, motioning to a screaming kid. It was Ellie. "Donna is bathing Kenny."

I nodded going over to the kid.

"Hey El," I said, squatting down by her.

"Wanna go home," she said defiantly as she threw a marker at a prospect.

"We do not throw things," I said sternly.

"Wanna go home," she repeated.

"We all do," I said. "But for your safety you have to be here. We all do."

"Where's Ava?" She asked.

"She's not here right now but she will be soon," I said. She nodded and went back to coloring so I returned to Bobby.

"Did someone go to the hospital to sit with Abi?" I asked. He shook his head.

"I'll send Quinn," he said, nodding toward a giant biker leaning against the wall.

"Thank you," I said. "She's a good girl. Didn't deserve this."

He nodded before walking away.

"Everyone eat?" I asked looking at Wendy. She handed the plate in her hand to Juice and nodded.

"Except you and Tacoma," she said.

"I'm not hungry," I said.

"Tacoma ate before we left," Kozik said. He sat down on the barstool next to me as some of the mothers started trying to get kids to bed.

I sat talking to Kozik, Bobby, and Juice for hours. It was nearing midnight when the SAMCRO guys returned.

"Chibs said they haven't showed at grandpas yet," Jax said as he hugged me. "They're going to sit there for a few days and wait it out."

I nodded as I pulled away from him. "Thanks Jackson."

"Hey we're all worried about her too," he said.

"I know Jax," I said. "I love you."

"I love you too. I'm going to go get some sleep," he said. I nodded a little. He motioned to Tig who was standing in the doorway glaring at Kozik.

"Tig," I said, earning his attention. He ran over to me and pulled me into his arms.

"I'm so sorry baby," he said. "I should've been there to protect her."

"No one could've guessed this would happen," I said. "It's not our fault."

"Babe," he said. "I don't know what to do."

"We'll find her," I said. "It's the only option."

"I'm so worried about her though," he said. "Her blanket was in the car. She can't sleep without it."

"This is called being a parent," I said. "Granted most kids aren't kidnapped by their grandmothers, but the anxiety and worry, all normal to parenting."

"I love you doll," Tig said, pulling me against his chest in a tight hug.

"I love you more."