37 APB and Amber Alert

I ran into the station and Wayne met me at the door.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Your mother is the one who shot Abi. We have an APB out on the car and an amber alert for Ava," he said. I nodded as I faltered in my posture.

My own mother. How could she do this?

"Want me to call Tig?" Juice asked, his arm around my waist to help support me.

"I can," I said, taking out my phone and calling Tig.

"Babe," Tig's voice sounded panicked.

"It was Gemma," I said.

"What?"

"Abi said Gemma shot her," I said. "There's an APB on the car and an amber alert for Ava."

"Jax has guys on their way to the cabin. Chibs and a prospect are headed up to your grandfathers. We will find her baby," Tig said.

"I love you," I said. The radios in the room went wild.

"I love you too baby," he said. The line went dead and I ended the call.

"Wayne," I said. "What's going on?"

"They found your mother's car," he said.

"Ava?" I asked.

"I don't know yet. Hale's looking."

I nodded. "Where at?"

Wayne gave us the address and I sent it to Tig and Jax. I sat down in a chair as one of the deputies who wasn't leaving walked over.

"Can I get you anything?" She asked. Her name tag read Eglee. Jax had gone to school with her.

"No thank you," I said. Juice sat down next to me and I folded my hands together.

"They're going to find her," Juice said, placing his hand on my shoulder.

I just nodded as my eyes watered.

"How could my own mother do this to me?" I asked.

"I don't know," he said. "It's hard to tell with Gemma."

I just nodded.

Everyone talks about mother intuition and how mother's always know when they're missing child is dead even if they hope the feeling is wrong. I honestly had no idea. I was hoping for her to be alive. I couldn't take the heartbreak of losing my little girl.

I forced myself to hold onto the part of me that knew that even if my mother was pissed at me she wouldn't kill a child.

I sat back in my chair and Juice held his hand out to me. I just shook my head. I wanted Tig. My whole heart ached and I wanted Ava and Tig in my arms to make it better. I knew he was out looking for our daughter which was the only reason I didn't lose it entirely and force him to come back to me.

I knew he wanted to be here to comfort me too, but he was choosing to save our daughter over comfort me. Not even her father put her first like that. I could see how much he loved her and it made me love him even more.

Juice's phone rang and he stood up, walking a few steps as he answered it. I tried to focus on his words and make out what was going on but it was too quiet and my thoughts were too loud.

He walked over and handed the phone to me.

"Bobby."

I nodded and took the phone.

"Hi," I said, my voice shaking a little.

"Why don't you and Juice come back?" He asked.

"I've gotta be here when Wayne gets to the car," I said. "They found Gem's car. She's the one who shot Abi."

"I know kid," he said. "I am just having problems with the old ladies."

"Should only be a night or two," I said. "Donna's there."

"She hasn't been through a spontaneous lockdown like this," he said.

Eglee walked over, stopping a few feet from Juice and I.

"Shouldn't be too long," I said. He mumbled an agreement and I handed the phone back to Juice. I stood up and as Eglee walked the last couple of steps to me.