30 Dad the Girls Deserve

I was able to get Tig in the house where he instantly collapsed on the couch and asked for a beer.

"Babe," I said, going to sit down on the floor by his head. He hummed in response as he waited for me to continue.

"What are you gonna tell the girls?" I asked.

"Dawn and Fawn?" He asked. I nodded. He stared at the ceiling thinking for a few minutes.

"Or Colleen," I prodded and he shot me a death glare which caused me to start laughing.

"What do you want me to tell them?" He asked.

"They deserve at least to know that you and I are together," I said. "You always tell me that you want to be the dad Ava deserves and your girls deserve a Dad like that too."

"I've already fucked them up," he said. "They barely talk to me."

"Reach out," I said. "Offer to mend the relationship. Tell em you have a new fiancé and a soon to be stepdaughter and you want to make things right with them."

"And if they don't listen?" He asked.

"I'll talk to em. I used to babysit them and Jax and Tommy and Ope. I'll see if maybe my losing my father when I was just a few years younger than them can't get the two of them to open up to having a relationship with their father who's still here."

"You sure you want to invite that drama back into our lives?" He asked.

"Tig baby," I said, moving a little closer to him. "I'm a Teller. We thrive on the drama."

He chuckled at that. "You are very right there baby."

We sat in silence as he drank his beer and stared at the ceiling. I sat watching him intently. I was stressed as it sank in how easily I could've lost him. I didn't want to think about losing him so soon after getting him. He was the one person I knew I could trust to care for me for forever.

"What's got your mind babydoll?" He asked.

"Hmm," I responded, blinking my eyes back into focus. "Oh, just that I love you."

"I love you too," he said. I leaned over and kissed him.

"Wanna watch some TV until Gemma brings Ava back?" He asked. I nodded and he sat up a little to let me join him on the couch. The second I sat down he put his head in my lap and turned the TV on.

"What do you want to watch?" He asked, scrolling through the channels.

"You can pick baby," I said, grabbing my book off the coffee table and opening it.

"Whatcha reading?" He asked, grabbing my fingers and moving them so he could see the title.

"Rereading Pride and Prejudice," I said. "Ever read it?"

"No," he said shaking his head. "Read to me?"

"How are you supposed to rai-."

"Please," he said, giving me sad puppy eyes.

"Since you asked nicely," I said. He turned the TV off and I started reading to him as I ran my hand through his hair. Luckily he sat his beer down because within minutes he was sound asleep.

I spent the next hour or so reading, only stopping when someone knocked on the door. I went to stand up when Juice opened the door and carried a sleeping Ava in.

"What'd you do to her?" I asked with a chuckle.

"Gem let her ran amuck," he said. I rolled my eyes.

"You know where her room is," I said and he nodded and headed down the hall as my mom walked in.

"How's he doing baby?" She asked, moving to stand behind the couch and look down at Tig.

"Pretty good," I said. "Needed to sleep."

"I bet," she said. "He gonna be okay for the party tomorrow?"

"Maybe not okay, but he'll be there," I said.

"Cause he loves you," she said.

"I know," I said. She sat a bag down on the coffee table.

"Dinner for the two of you," she said. "I fed Ava."

"Thank you," I said. She nodded as Juice reappeared, setting Ava's shoes in the closet by the front door.

"I've got some stuff to finish up," she said. "I'll see ya at one for the party?"

"We'll get there early and help out," I said.

"I've get Juice and some of the hang arounds," she said. "You guys just enjoy that little sunshine's birthday."

"Yes ma'am," I said sarcastically. She chuckled and lightly smacked me upside the head for calling her ma'am.

"I love ya Ma," I said.

"I love you too baby."