29 Bit By a Dog

When Abi dropped Ava off I thanked her a few times and apologized as Ava sat on my hip.

"Everything okay?" Abi asked. I nodded.

"Yeah it is," I said. "Just minor stuff building up."

She nodded before saying by to Ava and leaving.

"Baby," I said, earning Ava's attention. "Can you stay with Grandma so Mama can go check on Daddy?"

"Is he okay?" She asked.

"Yeah. He got hurt today so Mama has to go make sure your uncles are taking care of him," I said.

"I wanna check too," she said.

"Let Mama go check first," I said. She agreed and I sat her down in the office with my mom. I returned to the Church and Tig smiled at me as he sat on the table.

"Ava's worried," I said as I stepped up to him. He nodded as he wrapped his arms around my waist. I wrapped my arms around him and ran my fingers through his hair.

"Thank you," I said softly, looking at Chibs and Bobby.

They both nodded and patted my shoulders reassuringly as they walked by.

"Jax will you get Ava?" I asked looking at my baby brother. He nodded and headed out.

"How ya feeling baby?" I asked.

"Like I was shot in the ass," he said. I chuckled a little and leaned down to kiss his lips quickly before Ava was brought in.

"Daddy," she said, running over. I caught her and brought her to my hip.

"Daddy's in a lot of pain right now baby," Tig said. Ava looked at him and almost started crying. I sat down on the table next to Tig and sat her in my lap.

"Daddy's going to be sore for a couple days but he is going to be alright," I said. "You're just gonna have to deal with Mama as your only playmate for a while."

"What happened?" She asked, looking between us.

"Well," I said before looking at Tig. For the life of me I couldn't remember what I was told when JT got hurt when I was little.

"Daddy got bit by a dog, in the butt," Tig said earning a smile from me as I tried to not laugh.

"Mama, don't laugh. Daddy's hurt," she said.

"You're right baby," I said. "I'm sorry."

Tig just rolled his eyes and chuckled at me.

"Mama is just anxious baby," Tig said. "She's worried about me. When she gets anxious she laughs a lot."

"Why?" Ava asked.

"So I don't cry I suppose," I said. My mother knocked on the door interrupting our conversation.

"Ava baby," my mom said walking over. "Grandma and Juice were just about to go pick up decorations for your party. Want to come with us?"

"What about Daddy?"

"I'm going to take him home so he can rest up and be ready for your party tomorrow," I said.

"Run along and find Juice," my mom said as Ava hugged Tig and I and said our goodbyes. The second she was out of the church she started yelling for Juice.

"When did she start calling you Daddy?" Mom asked.

"Bout the same time Sammy did," Tig said with a smirk. I slapped his shoulder.

"A few weeks ago," I said. "I don't think she remembers much of her biological father."

"Want me to take her for the night?" My mom asked, looking out the window to where Juice had Ava sitting on the bar as she traced his tattoos on his head.

"No," Tig and I said simultaneously.

"We can handle her," I said.

"What'd you tell her?" She asked.

"I got bit in the ass by a dog," Tig said. My mom laughed before hugging us and leaving to pick Ava's decorations up.

"Let's head home baby," I said.

"Can I get a blowjob for being such a good boy?" He asked. I rolled my eyes.

"No, you could've if you hadn't got shot though," I said. "That enough incentive for you to come home whole in the future?"

"It ain't my damn fault," he pouted.

"You need to rest tonight Tiggy," I said as I stood up. I offered my hand to him and helped him off the table.

He mumbled fuck every few feet as I helped him limp his way out to the car.

"We'll see ya tomorrow," I said to Chibs and Clay as the two checked to make sure that Tig was situated.

"Call if he's a pain in the ass," Clay said.

"Always is so I think I can handle it," I said.

"Gonna be able to get him in the house?" Chibs asked. I nodded and he hugged me quickly before I got in the drivers seat and drove home.