48 Permanence

The next few weeks really did bring some challenges. Ava's healing was going even better than expected but she was still being defiant and Tig and I both wanted to give her everything in the world since she'd been taken from us.

One afternoon in the last few weeks of her healing Tig came home early. Ava was taking a nap on the couch as I cleaned and listened to Frozen for the third time that day.

"You're home early," I said with a small smile.

"I wanted to see my girls," he said. He walked over and kissed my lips quickly before heading over to turn the TV off.

"How long she been asleep?" He asked.

"Like twenty minutes," I said. "What's going on?"

He just shook his head as he grabbed a beer. "We're having a party tonight."

"For?" I asked, pausing with the broken still in my hands.

"Quinn's transfer," he said. He was holding back.

"Abi?" I asked. He nodded. She hadn't been back to nannying yet. We decided to give her however long she needed to fully recover physically and emotionally. Quinn had been spending a lot of time around her during her stay in the hospital and her recovery. Ava and I had been to see her a couple times with Tig tagging along once. She was doing significantly better now.

"And we're out of guns," he said nonchalantly.

"Wait," I said. He nodded and I made my way to him, pulling him into a tight hug.

"We're legit," he said. "We're really doing this baby."

"I'm so proud," I said. I kissed his lips and he smiled.

"We can have more kids in safety. You're not in danger being with me. Everything is falling into place," he said.

"I love you Tig," I said. My eyes were watering with happy tears.

"I love you too baby," he said. "I wanted to talk to you about something."

"What's that?"

"I want you to get my crow," he said. I knew it was only a matter of time, but I couldn't bring it up. I had to wait for him.

"It took you long enough," I said, smiling as I wiped my tears from my eyes.

"I wanted to wait," he said. "Everyone knew we were together, so I wanted to make sure you would be safe with me before I had you mark your skin permanently because at the end of the day marriage is just a piece of paper. It's not permanent but crows are."

"I appreciate that, but I feel safest here. I am never ever going away Tig," I said. He nodded as he hugged me again.

"I love you baby," he said. "I'll talk to Hap."

"I love you too."

Before long Ava was awake and running around. Luckily her foot healed up and she was back to running around like a hooligan.

"Do you think Donna would watch her for the night?" Tig asked, watching Ava run around.

"I can ask," I said. "Why? What's up?"

"Just want to spend some alone time with my old lady after the party," he said. I rolled my eyes and went over to kiss him. I stepped away and called Donna.

She agreed to have Ava for a sleepover since Ellie wanted to see her again anyways. I told her I'd drop Ava off in a few hours.

"Ava," I said and she froze to turn and look at me.

"Wanna have a sleepover with Ellie?"

"Yes please Mama," she said.

"Then we need to go pack a bag." She took my hand and we went to her room to pack her bag. It didn't take long for her to be ready to go.

Tig chuckled at Ava's eagerness as we distracted her for a while before giving in and taking her to Donna's house so Tig and I could go to the party.