9 Unexpected Encounters

That afternoon, I was getting ready to take Ava home when a taxi pulled into the lot.

"Ava baby," I said, instantly fearful that my ex was in the cab. She ran over and I picked her up moving towards the office.

"What can we do for ya lad?" Chibs asked.

"I'm here for my daughter," I tensed. He shouldn't have been here already. That meant he was already in the states when his phone call came in this morning. That or on a layover somewhere.

"I'm sorry do we know you?" Jax asked.

"Ava, reste avec grand-mère (stay with grandma)," I said, sitting her down on the couch in the office and shutting the office door.

I heard grunts before I realized what was happening. I ran over to the group as the guys all watched Tig wailing on my ex.

"Alexander," I yelled, earning both their attention as Chibs was pulling Tig off of the other man.

"Ope," I said, walking over to him so I could lower my voice. "My daughter does not leave that office until I come get her. Understood?"

He nodded and headed up into the office. I returned to the two men. Chibs was still holding Tig back as he wanted to go after my ex again. My ex was bleeding from the nose and yelling about how he was going to file charges.

"What's going on here boys?" I asked.

"The shit he said about you. I'm going to kill him," Tig said.

"And wind up in jail? No babe. You're not," I said. I turned to my ex. "What the hell did you say?"

"Rien bébé. Tu le said (nothing baby. You know that)," he said.

"In English, asshole," Jax said.

"Stop," I said. "Right now. I can handle this. And you," I turned to my ex again. "English."

"I didn't say anything baby," he said, reaching for me.

"Keep your hands off her," Tig spat.

"I will make them take you out of here," I said to him. "We're going to get nowhere with everyone trying to kill everyone else. And I am not your baby anymore. I've moved on. You left me. You walked out on me."

"I never should have."

"And you did," I said. "You left me alone with my daughter and no choice other than to move her to a town she had never even been to."

"My parents would have taken her," he said.

"Around here grandparents are grandparents. They don't raise their grandkids," I said. "And as her father you should want her to be with you but no you want her so you can control me."

"Like controlling you is possible," he snapped. "I gave you everything. You'd still be a white trash biker cumdump if it wasn't for me."

I was a little stunned at his language. Tig tried to rip away from Chibs again and I stepped in front of him.

"Babe, no."

He tried to fight again.

"Chibs, Bobby, take him into the garage and chain him up if you have to. I can handle this asshole," I said.

I turned to face my ex, grabbing my baby brother's arm as he screamed about respecting women.

"Look, you aren't getting me or Ava back. Just accept that. If you'd like to remain alive you will leave here and get on a plane and fly your dumb ass back to France and never contact me again."

"I still love you," he said.

"What we had was never love," I said.

"Yes it was," he said.

"How do I take my coffee?" I snapped.

"What?"

"Sis?" Jax questioned and I held my hand up.

"Answer the question," I said. "It's simple. I drink coffee everyday."

"Black?" He asked.

"She thinks black coffee is bitter," Tig said walking over to me and wrapping his arm around my back. I'd have to kick Chibs ass later for letting him free.

"How would-. You're the asshole she was in love with this whole time," my ex said.

"You don't know," I said to my ex, redirecting our conversation in the way I wanted it to go. "You don't know my coffee order. You'd never be able to pick something out for me specifically. You had your mom doing all the shopping for me and she just bought generic feminine things because none of you ever took five seconds to ask me about me. Everything you think you know about me isn't accurate because you never bother to learn anything about me."

"Where are you going with this? Because we have a fucking kid together Sam," he said.

"What I'm saying is that we were never in love. So get yourself back on a plane and get the fuck outta Charming because the short leash I keep Tig here on is about to fucking snap."

He waited for a moment like he wanted to try and argue more but he got into the cab and left.

"Good riddance," I said.

"Why didn't you let me kill him?" Tig asked.

"Because, he was a pretty shitty partner and I never want to see him again but I don't want his family here trying to find him," I said. "They cause more trouble than they're worth."

"Let's go get Ava and take her home," Tig said, kissing my cheek.

"First, Chibs I told you to get him out of here," I said looking at the Scot.

"He put up a good fight and told me he'd calmed down. Plus his addition to the conversation helped."

I shook my head at Chibs as he gave me a side hug and we all walked up to the office.

"What was that Mama?" Ava asked.

"Just some adult business," I said. "But now it's time to go home."

"Is Tiggy coming?" She asked. I look at my old man and he nodded so we headed out to the TM truck and he drove us home.