50 Becoming Tragers

"Mama, wake up," Ava said, jumping onto my bed. It's been several months since I got Tig's crow, but today I'm getting married.

Things have been pretty quiet at TM and Abi is back to nannying Ava. Life has been more normal than ever before. Gemma is still on the run but Jax and I don't think she's going to come back here. Especially not now that Clay has taken off too.

"Morning baby," I said softly.

"Abi said to come get you," she said. Abi has been a huge help. She's even taking Ava so Tig and I can get away on a real honeymoon. She stayed last night to help with Ava this morning. Tig had gone to stay with Chibs for the night because it's unlucky to stay together the night before your wedding.

"Let's go then baby," I said as I picked her up and stood up. "How'd you sleep?"

"Good. Had a dream about my baby sister," she said.

"You don't have a sister," I said as I walked into the kitchen where Ava was making breakfast. Quinn was sitting at the table drinking coffee. He nodded to me as I sat Ava down at the table.

"But Uncle Juice said you and Daddy had to go away after the wedding so I could get a little sister," she said.

Quinn scoffed as I took the coffee mug that Abi offered to me.

"Remind me to kick his ass," I said, mouthing the last word to Quinn as he just nodded. Abi offered me a plate but I shook my head.

"No thank you," I said. "If I eat too much right now, I'll puke on the alter."

She laughed a little as she nodded. "At least eat something." She held out a granola bar. I accepted it and ripped the package open.

"So Ava," Abi said as she sat down at the table with us. "Are you ready for the best week ever?"

Ava nodded excitedly as she smiled. "And I get to be daddy's for real."

"You're really his daughter but now you will get to be a Trager just like Mama," I said. She was very happy about that. Abi laughed at Ava as she talked excitedly about having a kid.

I finished my coffee and headed off to get ready. We were meeting everyone else at one of the community buildings on the reservation to get ready for the wedding.

Before long we were headed out to the reservation. I got ready with Donna as Abi got Ava ready.

"Hey, it's time for her first look with Tig. Ten minutes til you, Jax, and Piney," Abi said. She was so organized and helpful that when she asked if I wanted her to be the pseudo-wedding planner I had to agree.

"I'll be ready," I said. My hair and makeup were flawless. I had my jewelry on. All that was left was my dress and shoes.

"You look gorgeous," Donna said.

"Thank you," I said, hugging her tightly. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

"I should be thanking you," she said. "I'd be a mess with Ope in jail if you weren't here."

I looked at my dress one last time before stepping into it. I had to take several deep breaths so I didn't panic.

I thought of Tig. I knew he would be wearing black jeans with a black button up, the top few buttons undone. Of course he'd still have his kutte on, but I wouldn't have wanted anything else.

Donna sat my shoes on the floor in front of me and I stepped into them.

"Let's get out to our party," she said and we headed out to her car.