Bonus Chapter

The twins are finally turning four. They'll be starting school shortly. Ava is nine years old and getting older by the second. My babies are growing up like weeds and it makes me cherish every second I get to spend with them and my old man.

Tonight, we're celebrating. After several long years and a trial that lasted three months, Gemma was finally brought to justice for everything she's done. Today she was sentenced to a nice long twenty five years in jail.

Celebrating doesn't quite mean what it used to. Now, it means pizza and ice cream and movies.

"I'm home," Tig yelled from the doorway. The boys and Ava all bolted off to see him. I stayed in the kitchen finishing up the pizza dough. Tig called it an early day at the garage so he was home even though it was only three in the afternoon. I'd taken the day off to go to Gemma's sentencing and then spend some time with the kids.

"Hey baby," Tig said, walking up behind me and wrapping his arms around me.

"Hey my love," I said as I covered the bowl and sat it aside.

"Daddy, can we go play?" Nathaniel asked. Tig looked down at me and I nodded.

Nathaniel hasn't had any issues with his heart in a while, which Tig and I are both thankful for. All three of them still go to the cardiologist every year to be safe though.

"Sure thing bud. Mama and Daddy will be right out," he said.

"Comportez-vous (behave yourselves)," I yelled after them.

"Oui Mama," Ava said. She liked to act like Mom number two even though I wasn't raising her the way my mom brought me up.

"How was your day?" I asked softly.

"Good, better now that I get to spend time with my old lady and our kids," he said. "You hear about Gem?"

I nodded. "Went to the sentencing. I'm the one that called the garage, remember?"

He nodded a little as he laughed. "I'm just so thankful they finally found her."

I kissed his lips quickly. "Stop worrying about her."

He nodded and grabbed my hand to lead me outside to where the boys were playing mechanics. They had bikes with training wheels still and they liked to pretend to work on them together. I blame it on the fact that since they learned to walk they've been wandering to the garage to watch their Dad and uncles.

Ava was watching them as she swung on the swing set. Our dog, Ares, walked over to Tig and I as I sat down and Tig went to push Ava on her swing. I pet the pitbull as he curled up by my feet and watched his kids protectively. From the second we brought him home he's been super protective of the kids.

After a few minutes Ava decided she wanted to slide and Tig let her go before he returned to me.

"How'd I get so lucky?" I asked before he kissed my lips and leaned against the table beside me.

"I'm the lucky one," he said. We watched the kids play for a while longer before we rounded them up to go make dinner.

After dinner we all curled up on the sectional to watch Luca. After the movie we had ice cream sundaes and hung out for a while before starting another movie. During the second one we all fell asleep on the couch. Tig woke me up and we snuck up to our bedroom for some much needed alone time. We loved our little family but we still took every opportunity we could get to sneak away and be together just the two of us.