40 Found

My phone ringing woke me up. I hadn't wanted to fall asleep but Tig and I had been laying in the bed for hours trying to process why my mother would've done this.

"Hello," I said as I answered it.

"What was Ava wearing yesterday?" Wayne asked.

"I think a SAMCRO shirt and jeans. She wanted to come to the garage with me but I told her no," I said.

"Does she have a purple shirt that has like the Eiffel Tower and say some stuff in French?" He asked.

"Yeah," I said. My heart was dropping as I tried to wake Tig up.

"A little girl matching Ava's description was just found at a church up where your grandparents live. We have reason to believe it's her, but Gemma is in the wind," he said.

"Where is she?"

"A hospital up there," Wayne said. "She was hurt pretty bad. Maybe a car accident. We don't know. She is in surgery now for a busted up arm and foot."

"I'm going to send Chibs," I said as Tig looked at me, his eyes lighting up a little. "He's already up there. Tig and I are on our way."

"There's cops posted now," Wayne said.

"Can you let them know Chibs and a prospect are going to be coming by. I want them there in case it's her," I said.

"Yeah sure thing. I'll send you the address."

"Thank you Wayne," I said hanging up the phone as Tig watched me anxiously.

"They think they found her," I said. He wrapped me up in a hug. I dragged him down to the clubhouse not caring that it was only five am.

I told everyone what Wayne had told me and instantly everyone wanted to ride with us.

"Tacoma, stay here," Piney said. "Jax and I will ride with 'em and Chibs is already up there."

"And Juice," I said looking at the prospect. "I want him with us."

"And Juice," Piney agreed. We all headed out and took off for Oregon.

It took several hours to get there so by the time we arrived it was nearing noon. I ran into the hospital as quick as I could and Chibs and the police officers were waiting just inside the door.

"I'm Ava Teller's mother," I said.

"They just took her into surgery again but it's her lass," Chibs said.

"You're sure," I said.

He nodded. I broke down into Tig's arms.

"Why'd they take her to surgery again?" Tig asked looking at Chibs.

"Didn't say," he said. "But they let me see her to ID her. She's worried about you two. Pretty banged up and upset about something. Only talking in French though."

"Anyone know what's wrong with her?" I asked.

"Doc who's treating her is in surgery with her," Chibs said. I nodded. Jax walked over and pulled me into a hug.

"She's okay sis," Jax said. I nodded and smiled even as my eyes watered.

"Told you she had the best guardian angels," Juice said. I nodded as I wiped my eyes.

"Thank you," I said. "All of you."

"Of course sis," Jax said.

"Sam," Chibs said. "She's got a cut on her face. Covers half her face with the bandages."

I just nodded a little as Piney walked over.

"Bobby just informed everyone and they're all happy to hear she's been found," Piney said, holding up his phone.

"Thanks Piney," I said, hugging him as Tig and Chibs talked quietly.

We all headed to the waiting room and sat down as the police came over to Tig and I.

"We're the ones who found her this morning and brought her in. We knew about the amber alert and so we called Charming PD right away," the one said.

"Thank you both," I said. "I know you probably have to stay or whatever, but."

"It's her," the smaller said. "I speak a little French and she was able to tell me her name and birthday."

"Was she okay? I mean like within reason?"

"I'm not sure the full extent. We will have to talk to her probably tomorrow or the day after but signs are looking up," he said. I nodded as Tig's hand rubbed my arm.

Our little girl was going to be okay. She was back under our care and that was what mattered.