54 Announcements

When we pulled into the lot, everyone was gathering outside.

"Sounded urgent," Jax said as he greeted us.

"It is but it's good," I said. He nodded as he wrapped his arm around me.

"Abi and Ava are inside with Donna and the kids," he said.

"Grab them too," I said and he headed off. Tig interlaced our hands and started talking to some of the guys.

"Everyone's here," Jax said. I looked at Tig and nodded. It was silent as everyone watched us anxiously.

"We're pregnant," Tig said.

"With twins," I added. "Nine weeks along."

"That's amazing," Abi said as she ran over and hugged me. Ava was right behind her.

"Hey baby," I said, hugging her tightly as I picked her up.

"Momma, je vais être une soeur (I'm going to be a sister)," she said.

"Oui, Momma va avoir deux bébés (Momma is going to have two babies)," I said. She hugged me again before Tig walked up and she smiled.

"Daddy, I'm gonna have two brothers," she said, practically jumping from my arms to his. He chuckled as he caught her.

"Or two sisters," he said. She hugged him tightly and he held her close. I kissed his lips quickly.

The guys all took their turns hugging me and congratulating me. Everyone was excited to be an uncle again and they were already taking bets about whether it'd be boys or girls.

"Sam," Quinn said. I looked at him and he asked for a minute alone.

"What's up?" I asked as we walked away from everyone.

"Abi and I got engaged. Watching her take care of Ava while you two were gone was all the reassurance I needed to make her my old lady and wife," he said. "We wanna make an announcement but we didn't want you to think we were trying to overshadow you."

"Go make the announcement," I said excitedly as I hugged him. "We're already celebrating so we can celebrate some more. I'm so happy for you both."

"Thank you," he said. I nodded and we returned to the group. Bobby was writing down the bets while the guys yelled them out around him.

"Hey, hey," I yelled. Everyone got quiet again. "Quinn and Abi have an announcement."

Abi walked over quickly and I headed towards Tig.

"We're engaged," Abi said, holding up her left hand. Everyone started cheering again and congratulating the pair.

We spent the rest of the day celebrating our pregnancy and Abi and Quinn's engagement.

At about six pm, Tig and I decided to take Ava home.

"Tig, I wanna go tell Dad and Tommy," I said. He nodded and we swung by the cemetery.

We walked towards my fathers headstone.

"Hey dad," I said softly. Ava was holding Tig's hand as the two stood beside me.

"We're expecting twins."

It was silent for a minute.

"Ava, baby, let's give Momma a minute," Tig said. He picked her up and walked away.

"I love you Dad," I said. "I know you didn't want this life for me and Jax, but he's pulled the club straight."

"You read what I gave you on your wedding night?" Jax asked as he kneeled next to me.

"No," I said softly. I'd forgotten about it honestly.

"Dad wrote a book before he died. What he really wanted for the club," he said.

"Thanks Jax," I said.

"Figured you come tell Dad and Tommy, but you know they're always with you," he said.

"I know, just feels better to talk to them directly," I said. He nodded and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

A few minutes later we walked to Tommy's grave and told him too.

I decided I was content and we all headed home, excited for what's to come.