34 Change in Leadership

"Piney wants you babe," Tig said as he kissed my cheek.

"Hmm, oh yeah okay," I said, standing up and colliding with his chest as he wrapped his arms around me.

"You okay?" He asked softly.

I nodded. "Just want to go home and see Ava."

"Soon baby."

I headed into church where Piney was now sitting at the head of the table. There was a President patch in his hand.

"Hey," I said softly.

"Hey darlin," he said. He motioned to the doors and I pulled them shut.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"They voted Clay out. Your statement and a few of mine and he was voted out," he said.

"Mayhem?" I asked. He shook his head no. I nodded.

"So no more Clay Morrow sitting at this table," I said.

"No," he said. "Happy just headed out to black out his tattoos."

I nodded. "What's that mean for me?"

"Gemma will be pissed," he said. "But I think her and Clay will head elsewhere. I was voted into president and your brother VP. We're going to try and take the club into legit business and the direction your father had wanted."

"I'm gonna need a tail for a while. You know how Mom gets about the club. She might just kill me for this."

"I've told Tig he doesn't have to leave your side if he doesn't want to until we see where this lands."

"What about TM?" I asked.

"Gonna stay TM cause that's what everyone knows it as, but my guess is your Mom is going to leave so your going to have to run the place."

I nodded and he stood up.

"We're going to get through this," Piney said, hugging me tightly.

"I know Piney," I said, returning the hug. "Thank you."

"Thank you," he said. "I've been trying to prove what an asshole Clay is since the beginning."

I smiled softly. "That he is."

"Go see that beautiful little girl of yours," he said.

I nodded. "I don't think I'm going to come back for the party tonight."

"That's alright," he said. "The croweaters can handle it without a leader for the night."

"Thanks," I said. He nodded and opened the doors of church.

"Where's Tig?" I asked softly as I walked up to the bar.

"I think he went with the guys out to the garage," Juice said.

"Piney," I said. "Send Tig out so I can talk to him."

"Sure thing darling." He walked out of the clubhouse and I nodded before heading out into the late afternoon sun. I needed to get home relatively soon so Abi could leave but I wanted to see Tig first.

"Hey babe," Tig said as he walked up to me.

"Hi," I said.

"Everything good?" He asked. I nodded.

"I'm gonna head home and let Abi go," I said.

"Yeah," he said. "I can't leave just yet so I'll get Juice to ride with ya."

I nodded. "We've got a lot to talk about. But I told Piney I'm not going to the party tonight."

"Yeah," he said. "I'll be home as soon as I can."

"Handle this. I get it," I said. "Go tell Juice." He nodded and ran into the clubhouse, yelling loud enough I heard him.

He returned and kissed me goodbye before heading back into the garage.

"I guess I'm with you," Juice said as he walked out.

"Just a precaution in case Ava and I need protection," I said.

"Tig said to stay til he's home," Juice said.

"Good Ava will love that," I said. He chuckled and nodded.

"Follow me?" I asked and he agreed, heading over to his bike and climbing on as I got into my car.