8 Threatening Calls

The next few weeks were great. Tig and I never got our official date but we did have a conversation to make it official. We'd been sitting on the couch watching a movie when he brought it up.

"Sammy," he said. Ava was asleep in my lap as the children's movie she'd chosen came to an end.

"Tiggy," I said.

"I know we haven't like been on an official date, but I would count these movie nights and dinners and what not with Ava around as dates," he said. I nodded in agreement.

"Me too Tiggy," I said.

"So can we make it official?" He asked.

"Like boyfriend and girlfriend?" I asked.

"Like I want you to be my old lady," he said.

I smiled at that. "You know that we're a package deal yeah?"

"I wouldn't have it any other way," he said, leaning over and kissing my lips gently.

"Of course I'll be your old lady Tig."

As we spent more time in Charming, Ava was growing more accustom to our life here and everything that entailed. She was more open to the guys and she was happy that I now let her wear things other than the dresses her father had bought her. We both had gone shopping with my mom and Wendy Case, Jax's new girlfriend, to replace our French clothes.

My mom even got Ava a little leather jacket cause our little girl was growing quite accustom to the biker lifestyle. Tig would occasionally sit on his bike and hold her as he talked about all the different things about bikes. I had a few memories with my own father of times like that.

I'd even been able to show Ava the memorial of her grandfather in the clubhouse without completely breaking down. She was happy to hear the stories of JT and Piney even told her some I didn't know that well.

I was so thankful that she was growing up knowing my dad even if he wasn't around.

After a month in Charming, my life was going great still. I was so happy to be home and settling into the MC lifestyle again.

I was working the office of TM one day when Gemma told me the phone was for me. Tig had Ava out in the garage watching as he worked on his bike.

"Hello," I said.

"Sam, baby, it's me," he said. I tensed at the voice. Tig had looked up at me when he heard my voice and noticed the change in body language.

"I thought you wanted nothing to do with me," I said. Tig left Ava with Opie and walked towards me, shielding Ava from seeing my anger.

"Where's Ava?"

"She's with me," I said. "Safe, sound, and happy."

"Impossible. You need to come home," he said.

"I am home."

"You will bring my daughter back or I will come find you both. You are mine," he said. I tensed up again and Tig held his hand out for the phone.

I shook my head. "Look, I am not your property. Neither is she. I had to go through the embassy to get her to California so go ahead and try to take her from me. They know you abandoned me."

"She is my daughter. I'll be on the next flight to that hell hole," he said.

"Do not come here. I, we want nothing to do with you," I said.

The line went dead and Tig pulled me into his arms.

"What happened?" Gemma asked.

"That was my ex. He wants Ava and I back in France."

"You're not going," Tig said a little possessively.

"Yeah obviously not," I said. "But he might show up here."

"What?" Tig asked angrily.

"I figured he'd make a good punching bag for you," I said with a smirk.

"I don't want him anywhere near you. He obviously wasn't good for you," Tig said.

"Babe," I said, placing my hand on his cheek to calm him down. "I don't want him. I only want you."

"Baby, we'll handle him if he comes here," Gemma said, walking over to Tig and I.

"I know Mom," I said. Ava ran up into the office.

"Mama, Uncle Opie let me help him with a car and he showed me how to, what did we do?" She asked, looking back at Opie who had followed her.

"Changed the oil," he said with a chuckle.

"Yeah Mama," she said. "I helped."

"Future mechanic in the making," I said as I kissed her head.

"I remember another little blonde girl running around the garage," my mom said looking at me with a smile.

"Thanks Ope," I said as Ava went over to see Gemma and tell her the exciting news.

"Yeah of course. Everything okay?" He asked, hugging me a little as Tig went back to his work.

"It is for now," I said. Ava ran back over to me and I pulled her into a tight hug. She was then insistent on going back to helping Opie so he let her.