1 Falling Apart

"What?" I asked through my tears.

"I never want to see either of you again," he yelled, throwing a picture frame at me as he stormed out of the house. I caught the frame, knowing my daughter was hiding behind my legs.

"Mama," she said. I picked her up and took her to my room, setting the frame down on my dresser as I walked by.

"I love you baby," I said, laying down on the bed with her.

"I love you Mama," she said. Her blonde curls reminded me of my brother Jax. The thought of him made my heart ache. Maybe I could go home and face everyone. I'd left Charming four years ago because I couldn't take hiding my feelings anymore. When a semester abroad in Southern France was offered to me I took it. That was when I met my now ex. We were only together a few months when I found out I was pregnant with Ava. I made the decision to move in with him, returning to the states only for my graduation and to tell my family.

I sobbed more as Ava fell asleep and I thought about my home. My mom and brother. My stepdad who I barely even tolerate. Chibs, Bobby, and Tig. My god. Tig. I'd had a crush on him when I left for college and it was what kept me from going crazy and marrying the father of Ava. I always knew my heart belonged to Tig Trager but I had hoped I'd be able to live happily here with Ava and her father. I did give her my last name because deep down I knew we would never make it work. I tried to suppress that but it didn't work. Today had been coming for months.

I got up from the bed gently and went to my dresser, digging out the prepaid my mom had secretly given me the last time I saw her.

I pressed call on the only number saved: TM. I saw that it was getting close to ten but I knew it was only about two in the afternoon in Charming.

"Hello, TM. How can I help you?" Gemma asked. I sighed softly. Her voice was enough to calm me.

"Hey Momma," I said.

"Sammy baby?" She asked.

"Yeah it's me," I said. "He left."

"That asshole," she snapped.

"Mom, I know," I said. "Ava and I are going to come home. I've gotta handle some stuff here but I can't stay here and raise her with no family."

"Want me to get Belfast out to help ya?" She asked.

"No, I can handle it," I said. "I'll let you know more as it happens."

"Of course sweetie. What happened?"

"He threw a picture at me. Said he never wanted to see me or Ava again. He came home and I'd been looking at the framed picture of Tig and I. He was pissed, thinking I was in love with someone else."

"He's not wrong though sweetheart. I know you wanted away from the club but Tig is your soulmate. You know that," she said.

"I do Mom," I said. "Does he know?"

"That you like him? I don't think so. He still sleeps around with anything he can get his hands on. You know how he is."

"Yeah, do me a favor, don't tell him. I'll talk to him when I'm home," I said.

"Alright. I love you. You can move back in with Clay and I," she said.

"I love you too Mom," I said. "I'll look for an apartment but thank you."

"I've gotta go, but I love you," she said.

"I love you too Momma," I said. The line went dead and I closed the burner. I sat down on the edge of my bed with the picture of Tig and I in my hands still.

Despite the fifteen year difference, Tig and I hit it off immediately the day he showed up to prospect in to the club. I was seventeen and working in TM, helping Mom out in the office for the summer.

The picture was from the day he patched in. He was happy as could be and was holding me in a hug as he proudly sported his new kutte. I smiled more at the memories of that day. Hopefully Tig felt the same about me that I felt about him. I wiped away some more tears and laid down on the bed by Ava. She moved closer to me and I pulled her into my arms.

I laid in the dark, remembering the good of my life in Charming. It had its share of bad too but I was ready for that sense of good again.