-.CHAPTER 23.-

Unedited as usual.

-Yeonjun-

Staring at the ceiling for hours mindlessly, losing track of time, the sun had already risen to its peak. He sighed now that his tears had dried staining his cheeks, "You're being childish Yeonjun, some things aren't meant to be."  his actions from all these years were now reflecting.

The happiness he used to feel whenever he had Beomgyu by his side, that he didn't realize how his attitude would cause them to drift apart, his overly possessive self destroyed it all didn't it? It's funny how Beomgyu still stuck by his side even after all these years of unfairness, was he truly naive or having the presence of friends made him do so? 

He checked his pockets for his phone, remembering how he just landed on his bed yesterday without changing or even bothering to take off his shoes straight up crying into his pillow. He pulled out the still-working device, surprisingly it hadn't died. The first thing he noticed was not the time but a certain notification from his mails. 

His dream company's name highlighted in bold letters, his hands started shaking uncontrollably, they reached out first? He pinched himself hard, it hurt. The overwhelming emotions started to gather inside his head waiting to flow out, and the legerity of the body and mind was quick enough to display itself through his streaming eyes, happy tears.

He read through the same paragraph, again and again, tears covering the screen which got insensitive to his touch. His lip trembled as he laughed lightly. It's weird how he was once shedding all his sorrows over someone and now he was smiling and crying out of joy. 

It was a mail from yesterday, addressing how the company was looking through the excel students sheets from various colleges and how his one impressed them the most. He checked the time and venue, he shuffled on his feet as he read the numbers, 4 pm. 

It didn't need any more thought process, he was going there chasing his dream job, maybe something more than what he had expected from himself let alone anyone else. He was jumping all around his bedroom, quickly hopping into the shower and dressing up in casual formals, blow-drying his hair and there he was shining with young confidence.

Taehyun was right, under overwhelming pressures people often lose their minds, be it in their favour or not.

Scrambling through his paperwork to find his resume which he had prepared a couple of months back, devouring through all the information once again to satisfy himself.

Yeonjun booked a fancy cab to make a great first impression, he had read several articles on how the interviews and meetups always go unexpected and how high their expectations are, he was rehearsing his introduction in his mind. 

The whole ride was just him trying to think of all the possible scenarios that could take place and the driver giving him weird looks whenever he found Yeonjun talk to himself. Yeonjun even searched up the CEO's likings and disliking as a backup, just in case he had to ooze interest out of him.

...

He was now in front of his dream workplace, it was huge, similar to what the media displayed it to be like. He had fifteen minutes to spare, (he's in front of the actual building).

He entered the glass door immediately being greeted by bright lights and pale interiors, the cool air-conditioned air brushing softly against his skin. He reached up to the receptionist's desk right in front, "Excuse me!"  The lady looked up with a comforting smile and welcoming him, "Good afternoon sir, how may I help you?" 

"I am here for the interview, the placement ones." he was waiting for an enthusiastic reply but what came out of her mouth struck him in horror, "Sorry sir but the company hasn't sent any placement offers yet."

She frowned but keeping it professional, "Dear sir, I think someone pranked you under our name." she tried to assist him but he was horrified, "But I got an email specially written by the CEO himself." he slightly raised his pitch which was no help, "Sir, it's not possible, the CEO himself never writes such emails, they are all written and sent by the employees working in the group themselves."

It made sense to him now, why in the world would the CEO write to him, it wasn't possible. He accepted his defeat already, looking down, "I-I am... am sorry." he turned his back while the receptionist gave him an apologetic smile. 

"Choi Yeonjun?" he looked up at the sudden voice calling him, meeting a nicely suited man wearing the same comforting smile, "Mr Choi?" The man repeated himself, Yeonjun nodded desperately. "Mr Nam," he introduced himself putting his hand in front, initiating a handshake. 

Yeonjun gladly accepted it and bowed slightly, "I am sorry for the inconvenience the Ceo hadn't informed the staff about this, we really are sorry about it," Yeonjun shook his head in reply, "I am the CEO Mr Kim's personal assistant, I'll be taking you to the boss's office, please follow."

And without any further exchange of words, Yeonjun found himself following the other's lead. Oh and his confidence was shredding into the pieces with each step, he looked at the different glass rooms filled with people working on their computer or doing some paperwork. 

Kim Young Corp. The huge artwork near the end of the corridor caught his eye, it was the company's label, named after the CEO, Kim Doyoung. He beamed at it before turning with the young man in front of him, seemingly the youth is really taking over. 

They waited for the lift in complete silence, Yeonjun clenched on to his file, talking to himself in his mind convincing himself that he'll be fine, also preparing his words beforehand.

...

They were in front of the CEO's office, the shiny gold letters on the door indicated the same. Mr Nam looked at Yeonjun for a split second before holding the door open for him, waiting for Yeonjun to enter. 

Yeonjun inhaled sharply and stepped in with disturbing confidence, nervously sweating with slight terror building upon him. He looked right in front of him, a man staring at him. He quickly bowed down in respect, it was the CEO, "Doyoung, Kim Doyoung." He smiled, brightening the whole room. "It's Choi Yeonjun sir Kim." 

"Take a seat please, it's a pleasure meeting you Mr Yeonjun, I have heard quite a bit about you," he directed him to take the leather seat opposite of him, which Yeonjun gladly sat on, not questioning what the CEO might have heard of him, a college student, "We'll start with the business talk soon, the main shareholder hasn't arrived yet."

Yeonjun frowned but decided not to question it, he couldn't hold his excitement in. "Oh look, who's here!" Doyoung exclaimed, moments later, in vitality, looking behind Yeonjun at someone in particular. Yeonjun dare not turn around, he thought that would be unprofessional but when the CEO got up he automatically sprang on his feet also turning around. Doyoung spoke once again, "Kang Taehyun, what a sight." 

...

Another chapter done!

That's all I got to say-