-.CHAPTER 50.-

Unedited as usual.

Beomgyu was sitting on the living room couch in fresh clothes, waiting for Taehyun to get out of the shower, it felt as though it had been years since he had properly smiled

Beomgyu was sitting on the living room couch in fresh clothes, waiting for Taehyun to get out of the shower, it felt as though it had been years since he had properly smiled. When Taehyun stepped out of the common bath into the living room in casual clothes, something shifted in the room, "What would you like to eat?" he smiled as he looked at the brunette.

There's familiarity in Taehyun's actions, as though nothing had happened a couple of days back, it all feels too normal, Beomgyu doesn't know how to feel, it feels weird to pretend that everything's right but he plays along because in no world would he like to intentionally upset Taehyun.

"Let me order takeout for myself and, I'll cook something light for you though, the doctor has told you to avoid oily food," Beomgyu gets up and rushes over to his side with wobbly legs, "It's alright, I can cook for myself, you just sit here," the blonde forces him to sit on the nearest kitchen stool. "No, Tae let me help you out please," Beomgyu is insistent on helping him, it's natural not to want to stress your sick partner, but Taehyun fixes him with a glare and for the first time Beomgyu doesn't oblige, "That won't work, YOU sit down and let me cook!" He huffs and puffs his way over to the pot's cabinet, Taehyun just stands there looking blankly at the older who's trying to rummage through the cabinet on his weak limbs.

"SIT!" it's like he was speaking to a troublesome kid, Taehyun sighed as he took the seat previously occupied by Beomgyu, watching him manoeuvre in the kitchen, "What should I order for you though?" "Anything," and Taehyun knew by that he meant anything but seafood.

The blonde's eyes followed Beomgyu as he chopped up the vegetables. He knows he's staring but he can't help it, it's been a while since he has properly appreciated his boyfriend, and he feels so out of the moment as he tries to recall the sweet things about him. Taehyun tries to focus on the sight in front of him but he's pulled out of it now and then, there's a few things he's missing, the surroundings feel weird, and everything feels too real. He closes his eyes for a second and his mind shows him red and blue splashes, then it all starts swirling together and before it can all mix, he opens his eyes to see Beomgyu because it's all so overwhelming. He doesn't know what's happening in his mind.

...

Beomgyu smiles as he dishes out the best-looking meal he's ever made, it's simple chicken soup. He places the bowl in front of Taehyun and as he looks up at him, the boy has his eyes closed, "Tae," Beomgyu softly calls him, he's greeted with far-off eyes and a mechanical smile as the blonde looks down at the food, "Thank you," the voice feels different, but Beomgyu brushes it off as he quickly joins him on the opposite end with his food, oh- Taehyun ordered his favourite, that makes him smile, "Oh I'm surprised that you remember," he says jokingly but Taehyun doesn't find it funny, "I remember everything, I'm not stupid you see," he's met with a condescending look "oh-" "Shit- shit, he didn't mean to say- I didn't mean to say that, I don't know where that came from, I am so sorry, thank you for cooking this-" "It's alright Tae, I understand you are frustrated and are having a hard time, don't worry about me, it's you that we need to look out for, are you alright baby?" He moves towards him holding his face in those soft hands of his, the gentle touch makes him forget everything else but the man in front of him, and he breathes it all in. He'll have to have a chat with Kang for even looking at Beomgyu the wrong way, he gets that the guy is not in a good place but nothing would justify hurting his dear boyfriend.