57

𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖞 - 𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓:

You were riding the horse through the forest, thinking about how you will return home. You left behind Princess Irene on the ground. From a far distance, your eyes landed a farm. You headed straight towards it, hoping that the farmers could help.

Once you arrived, an old man walked out. "What do you want!?!" He yells as he raises his cane. "I would like to trade you this horse. How much will the horse be?" You asked. The old man looks around the horse, making sure it wasn't sick. "I say 160 gold coins" he answers. "Do we have a trade?" You asked and he nodded. A smile formed on your face as you hopped off.

"Give me a minute and I'll get you your coins," he said as he takes the horse, but before he left you stop him. "Do you happen to have old clothing?"

~

You walked through the dirt road with your new clothing and a bag of coins. The village kids playing ball with dirty clothes that have holes. It broke your heart seeing the living conditions of the village. How could they let these villagers live like this?

An old lady was pushed into the floor by a group of men and they left her there. You ran towards her and helped her get back up. "Thank you so much" she smiles at you. "No problem. I just can't believe that they didn't help you up" you said. "That's how Jeju is. Men have power over us. The King won't do anything to stop this" the old lady explains.

"Well that's gonna change" you mumbled. The villagers began to surround someone. You tried to look but it was difficult yet you heard their voice. "The Royal Family is looking for a young maiden who has (e/c) eyes and (h/c) hairs. Her name is (Y/N). If you find her, please take her to the castle where the king has offered to reward you" they said.

You cursed yourself mentally and made sure you hid your hair well. "I wonder what she did that the royal family offered to give the person who finds her money," the old lady said. "I have a question. Is there a boat that could take me to Busan?" You asked but she shakes her head. "Once you enter Jeju, there's no way out. If you really want to leave, King Bae picks who can leave and who can't" she answers.

"do you know a place where I can stay?"

"You can stay with me for now. But first what's your name?"

"...Kyoko..."

———

"Ms. Kyoko!" one of the little boys shouted. You turned around and smiled at them. "Good morning boys. How are you four doing?" You asked them as you ruffled the hair of one of them. "Mommy wanted to know if you could come over" the brown haired boy, Junghyun said. "Of course I can. I'll see her in a few minutes" you smiled and the four little boys laughed and ran away.