Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 3

Your next day at UA started out just as hectic as the first. Your anxiety riding high, Mina flocking you to ask questions about your fighting style and quirk, nasty looks from Bakugo any time you were within the vicinity, sitting through one boring period after another, and then more glares from Bakugo. You weren't sure how to respond to his scowls and middle fingers other than to wave at him with a blank face then go back to scribbling in your English notebook.

The students at UA are...interesting to say the least. You wish you could say you enjoyed it, but every waking moment was spent analyzing them for possible threats or motives to be the traitor who tipped off the League of Villains.

And, when the bell rings for third period to end and the five-minute break between classes to start, you're quick to jump from your seat and run out of the room. Luckily, this time you manage to escape before Kirishima or any of his friends can grab you and try to talk with you. Bakugo's heated gaze follows you out of the room, the burning in your back not bothering you in the slightest.

You head towards your new favorite place in the school, the vending machine, and purchase your usual drink before leaning against the wall and taking a long sip. You watch students walk by, some glancing at you, then whispering to their friends and giggling afterward.

Your brows furrow every time it happens, not liking that you don't know what they're saying because of all of the other noise in the hallway. Usually, you'd be able to hear them with your trained senses but the volume of the other kids in the hallway drowns their words out. And, thanks to how focused you are on what the other kids are saying about you, you don't notice the person sneaking up behind you until it's too late.

Your drink falls to the ground as you are tackled from the side with a shrill laugh. You fall into the side of the vending machine, glimpsing the familiar fluffy pink hair and yellow horns as your name is cheered, "(L/n)! So this is where you always sneak off to between periods!"

You grunt, lightly elbowing the overly energetic girl off of you and shuffling away a few steps. You pick your now spilled drink off of the floor, tossing the empty carton into the trash before taking out a handkerchief and wiping up the small spill. At least you already drank most of it before Mina attacked you.

The sigh you let out is deep and tired, not bothering to hide the bit of annoyance in it. Mina lets out a nervous laugh at the sound, rubbing the back of her neck with an embarrassed smile.

"Sorry about that," Mina apologizes, quickly getting over her embarrassment and jumping to your side. She forcefully links your arms together and drags you back to the classroom, heads of your classmates snap in your direction as she slams the door open and tugs you toward her desk at the front. She jumps on top of the surface, crossing her legs and facing Kaminari and Kirishima as they all talk, your arms still linked so you can't escape.

"Yeah! Then he completely blasted them all away with one punch!"

"That's All Might for you."

"That man is insane!"

"He is the No. 1 hero."

"I heard he stopped three robberies just on his way to school today too."

"On the way to school? Does that guy ever take a break?"

You frown at their conversation, having no idea that Toshinori was out wasting his limited energy on something other heroes could easily take care of. A robbery is child's play, why did he feel the need to intervene all the time? Especially now that he can only use One for All for an hour. At the thought, your gaze turns toward Midoriya where he talks to Uraraka and Ida with a nervous smile.