Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 36

You kneel on the wooden floor, picking at the miniature bookshelf in your room as you try to choose which story you want to read. Your chubby fingers run across the spines of the many books, a small smile appearing on your face as you hear footsteps approaching your door.

It creaks open after a soft knock, your father appearing in the doorway. He looks tired as ever, but his eyes brighten and he smiles as he sees you near the bookshelf in your All Might nightgown. "Did you pick which story you want me to read?" He asks, taking a step into your childish room full of toys.

Your lips form a pout, you standing and handing two different books to your father. "I can't pick..." You mumble, your father taking the two children's books from you. He hums, reading the titles before putting one away and smiling at his choice.

The black-haired man picks you up easily with one arm, taking you over to your bed and setting you down. You dive under the covers, hugging your toy penguin close to your chest in excitement for your daily bedtime story with your father. You don't get to spend much time with him cause he's always busy with work, but he always makes time for you at the end of the day to read you a story.

Your wide (e/c) eyes brighten as the cover is flipped open and your father begins to read. His voice is deep and comforting, lulling your tired mind to sleep as he continues the story, using funny voices and smiling at you between each page. Your small form falls asleep quickly, tangled in your sheets before the story is even over. But, your dad finishes the book even after you fall asleep and your tiny snores are evident, just enjoying the little time he gets to spend with you.

Once he finishes, the dragon saving the princess from a life with the prince she didn't want to marry and giving her a happily ever after, he softly closes the book, staring at his sleeping princess. Your (h/c) hair is messy and has a couple tangles from when you played in the yard earlier. Your father reaches out, gently running his fingers through the locks as your breathing gets deeper and you fall farther into your dreams.

He just hopes you don't have another nightmare like the night before, you've been getting a lot of them since your quirk manifested. It came early for you, you having your quirk at the age of four. It is powerful and diverse, a mixture of your mother's quirk and his.

With one final smile, your father leans down, placing a small kiss on your head.

"Good night Muffin."

•••••

Careful.

Careful.

Using your tippytoes you manage to grab the twig, hauling yourself up the tree in your backyard. You got bored waiting for lunch to be ready, deciding to see how far up you can climb. Now, already 10 feet up, you're enjoying the view of the yards and the houses around you.

Suddenly, you hear the back door creak open and shut with a slam, the fake glass vibrating from the force. "(Y/n) it's time for lunch!" Your father calls out. He scans the yard, noticing that you are no longer here.

"(Y/n)?!" He shouts, about to head back inside in hopes he just missed you when he hears a tiny grunt.

"I'm in the tree!" You tell him, swinging a little so the leaves are no longer hiding you from view. You giggle, waving at your dad as he rushes over with wide eyes. He moves directly under where you are in the tree, arms out and ready as he watches you swing back and forth like you aren't ten feet up and could fall. "How did you get up there?"

"I climbed," You reply with a proud smile, not understanding what exactly your dad meant.

"And what if you fell? I wasn't out here to help you if you did," He says sternly, you looking down at him with sad eyes and large tears start to well in your tear ducts from him raising his voice. Now he didn't mean to do that.