Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 23

Class 1-A stands in a straight line in front of the arena where the practical portion of your exams will take place. You stand in between Kirishima and Kaminari, feeling tiny compared to the two males. Both of them have a good half a foot on you at least and they aren't afraid to flaunt it.

You're excited for this component of the exams, not particularly enjoying the three days of boring test-taking. And with it finally being Thursday, all you have to do is pass this final, go to one more day of school, then it's summer break. Which means more time for work, hanging out with the Bakusquad, Todoroki Time, and seeing your hero friends that you've sadly only got to see on missions lately.

"I'm so pumped! All I have to do is melt some robots and then summer camp here I come!" Mina cheers from the other side of Kaminari. The blond quickly joins in and starts shouting with her. Their hoots and hollers make tick marks appear on your forehead before your attention is quickly diverted.

"Do you really think it's going to be that easy?" Kirishima whispers, leaning down so you're the only one who hears him.

"Not at all. Knowing the teachers, they prepared something special for us. What's the point of doing a test if it's not going to challenge us?" You whisper back, adding your two cents on the situation. You honestly have no idea what the exam is going to be like. When you tried to get answers out of Toshinori, he clammed up and wouldn't tell you a word on what was happening. Which means the teachers are plotting something.

"Let's begin your practical exams," Aizawa calls out, gaining the attention of your classmates, "It is, of course, possible to fail this exam. If you want to go to the summer camp then don't mess up."

"There sure are a lot of teachers here," Jiro mumbles in confusion, noticing all of your first-year teachers standing behind your sensei.

"Yeah, 8 of them!" Hagakure exclaims, her gloves seeming to hover in the air.

"I wonder what they're here for," Midoriya whispers to himself, luckily getting cut off by Aizawa before he can start mumbling.

"Knowing you all, you probably asked around for information on the exams. And you might think you have a vague idea of how this will go-"

"It's a robot rumble like at the entrance exam!" Mina and Kaminari cheer, cutting off Aizawa-sensei. Kaminari starts doing an air guitar while Mina breakdances.

"Not quite!" Principle Nezu exclaims joyfully, suddenly popping out of Eraserhead's capture weapon, "Due to a number of circumstances, the format of the exam has been altered!"

"Altered!?!" The loud bunch of the class shouts in confusion.

"This must be why the teachers are gathered here," Yaoyorozu whispers.

"Because of the numerous villain attacks on your class, the staff believes that you should participate in battles with real opponents from now on. It's crucial that our teachings are as realistic as possible so you're all prepared for any future incidents," Nezu explains. The principal's speech reminds you of your little Nomu problem that still hasn't been resolved.

"So with that being said...you will pair up and fight one of the teachers you see standing before you!" Nezu exclaims. The faces of the students around you turn into utter terror at the reveal. Instantly, your classmates break out in protest.