Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2

You stare silently at the tall man in front of you. You two need to talk? Already? Did you screw up the mission? Anxiety creeps into your mind and engulfs you for what feels like the hundredth time today as you clench your fists at your side.

"I assure you it's not what you're thinking, (Y/n). I was in a staff meeting, and just want to tell you what I learned," Toshinori explains. Your body relaxes instantly and you slump against the wall, sending him a look to continue. "When the League of Villains attacked the USJ, they mentioned having a schedule of our classes. That's how they knew when to attack. The only way they could have gotten that information is if someone gave it to them...what I'm trying to say is, there is a traitor at UA-"

"And you want me to keep tabs on the students and staff members to find out who the traitor is," You finish, sighing and pinching the skin between your brows. You let out a breath, banging your head back against the wall behind you and releasing your hold on your skin.

You slump farther against the wall. This mission is only getting more complicated. Not only do you have to keep everyone here safe, but now you have to worry about someone here working against you. It could be one of the kids in Class 1-A for all you know. You'll have to keep a close eye on everyone.

Noticing your expression and realizing that you're starting to lose yourself to your thoughts, Toshinori moves in to calm you down. "I'm sorry, I know you didn't need this added pressure on you. But with you on the case, I'm sure we'll figure out who it is in no time," He tells you, walking over to place his hand on top of your head. He soothingly rubs your scalp with his boney fingers, allowing you a second to process the information.

You're used to unexpected twists during missions, this is nothing new. But like you said before, you're overwhelmed by all of this. Even if you've protected hundreds of people from ferocious villains by yourself. Even if you've almost lost your life to the evil forces of this world. You are a teenager.

A kid, as much as you hate to admit it.

And too much pressure will cause anyone to crack and your anxiety from being around these students isn't helping. Your usually level head feels like it's attached to a rollercoaster. You hate it.

"How are your classes? Have you made any friends yet?" Toshinori asks, pulling you out of your spiraling thoughts as he continues rubbing your head.

You know he's changing the subject to help you calm down, and you are grateful to him for it. "My classes are going fine. I remember the stuff they're teaching from Hakamata's lessons actually. I haven't made any friends though. I don't want to," You mumble, pouting when he chuckles at you and ruffles your hair. A teasing aura comes from him as you huff at him.

"What about the kids you were sitting with at lunch? Are they not your friends?" His teasing smile grows bigger as you glare him down, smacking his hand off of your head in retaliation.

"I told them I didn't want to eat with them, but they followed me. They won't leave me alone," You explain, thinking he'll understand your situation, but that stupid smile never leaves his face. He looks like a proud father.

"I'm glad! Class 1-A is full of nice kids. I'm glad they're making you their friend. Whether you like it or not."

Your glare hardens before giving up and shaking your head at Toshinori. Suddenly, he pulls you into a tight hug. His strength is surprising considering he is only skin and bones in this form. You stand limply as he holds you against him. Toshinori has always treated you like his own child. "I'm happy for you. Even if this is a mission, you can loosen up with this one. Relax, make some friends, and enjoy being a teenager. Life is too short to live it so seriously. Take advantage of the opportunity given to you (Y/n)," Toshinori whispers, pulling away as the bell rings.