Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 8

You slide the shower door open, shivering slightly at the cold air meeting your bare skin. You hurriedly snatch a towel off of the shower hook and wrap it around your form. Hero training was exhausting today, and by the end, you were covered from head to toe in dirt and sweat. You felt like you were being reborn as you apply lotion to your freshly shaved arms and legs.

It's Friday night, meaning you have the night off from patrol and any other hero duties. So, Toshinori invited you over for dinner, just the two of you this time.

You take a couple minutes to finish your post-shower routine and change into a casual outfit. There is no reason to dress up since you're just going over to his house. You use your quirk to dry your hair, standing over the shower floor and leaning your head back to activate your quirk. All of the water falls out of your hair easily, and you quickly run a brush through your dry locks. (Life Hacks 101)

You apply the final touches to your look before stepping into your room. You throw your dirty school clothes and towel in the lone hamper pressed against the wall, mentally noting to do laundry tomorrow, seeing as the basket is overflowing.

You silently stroll over to the wooden nightstand to unplug your phone from the charger and check for any new messages from your agency. None from the sidekick you appointed to take over for the night, but you do notice that Keigo sent you a couple of bird memes. You send him the straight-faced emoji even though you quietly snicker to yourself at the cheesy jokes. He's an idiot, and you love it.

Still smiling, you shove your phone into the pocket of your ripped jeans, grabbing the red hoodie off your bed and tossing it on. You turn your bedroom light off as you walk by, heading to the front door while grabbing your keys as you leave. You hop down the steps, skipping a few as you go, and when you get to the bottom, you greet one of your neighbors who just got home from work.

The familiar city noises of honking cars and the clatter of people walking home fills your ears as you walk onto the street and take a deep breath of air. Your mind feels clear for the first time in a while.

It's past 6 o'clock, the sun starting to make its descent below the skyscrapers, leaving only a warm breeze in its wake. The early summer weather is soothing as you stroll down the busy sidewalk.

You live in the nicer part of Tokyo since you can easily afford it, being a top pro-hero pays enough for you to live in a mansion if you wanted to. But, you're more of a minimalist, not wanting too many possessions to keep track of. Just what is necessary.

Your eyes drift from the road to a nearby diner as the smell of greasy food floods your senses, ambling past one of your favorite restaurants. An old diner with a retro theme that sells the best burgers and milkshakes you've ever had. You know the owner personally from the many times you've visited the diner, and she always gives you a discount on your food.

When you glance through the familiar, stained window, the sight makes your insides squeeze. The Bakusquad is inside, chatting and laughing without a care in the world. Just like you figured.

They moved on without a problem.

Out of nowhere, Kirishima turns towards the window, the two of you making eye contact through the glass. You both stare at each other with wide eyes for a moment, attracting the attention of the other Bakusquad members. They also turn towards the glass and stare at you in stunned silence. It's a staring contest and no one dares to make a move. You see Mina mouth your name, standing up from her seat, causing you to whip your head in the other direction and run down the sidewalk.

You feel the tips of your ears heat up as you rush down the street, getting weird looks from bystanders. You don't care, you just want to get as far away from the diner as possible. Away from them.