Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 41

Life in the dorms became hectic after two weeks of living together. Ida makes detailed cleaning schedules of who does what and when. And, every day when the students leave for quirk training you leave for patrol in the city. Mina always gives you a tight hug and tells you to stay safe before you head out, then the squad pulls you in a group hug.

Life calmed down quite a bit and you are starting to get into the routine of your new life. Living in the dorms with your friends and doing hero work on the side. At least now you don't have to hide your identity from them.

And now here you stand, outside of the UA gates with Class 1-A, watching them prepare to leave for the Provisional License Exam. They are in their uniforms, carrying the briefcase containing their hero costumes. It's funny to see them here now, after months of watching them train and grow into young heroes. Now, they'll all hopefully come back with a license so they can further their training.

"(Y/n)!!" Mina cheers, coming to hug you after putting away her case. She scans you over, noticing you're in your hero costume with only a few bandages left around your chest. "Where are you going?" She asks, attracting the attention of several other students.

You are quick to respond, having expected to be questioned as soon as the others saw you in your hero costume. "Apparently, there was a sighting of a Nomu not far from Tokyo, so a few heroes and I are being called to check it out," You explain, waving your hand around as if you aren't concerned. It's most likely a fake lead anyway.

"Is that safe in your condition?" Todoroki asks, stepping into the conversation.

"I'll be with Endeavor and Hawks, only the best for such a dangerous mission," You tell them, rolling your eyes as you imitate what the Hero President said when he gave you this mission, "I won't be back until later so don't bother making dinner for me."

Mina nods but pouts, Todoroki getting dragged away the next second by Midoriya to sit together on the bus. Bakugo stands to your side, glaring down at you with his usual grumpy scowl.

"So what exactly will you be doing?" He asks, crossing his arms over his chest.

You turn to look up at him, his piercing gaze burning down at you. "Just sitting on rooftops and looking for any sign of the League of Villains. We haven't had any sightings of them since Kamino Ward."

Bakugo grunts in response, uncrossing his arms to roughly ruffle your hair, messing up the locks. You huff and pout, smacking his hand away and glaring at him. He doesn't meet your stare, turning to face the bus, and walks off.

"Just stay safe Shrimpy," He mumbles, stalking farther away with each step, "I don't want to attend your funeral just yet."

With that, Bakugo and the rest of the students board the bus, the squad waving at you and wishing you luck on your mission. You wave back with a blank face as the bus starts to pull out, you'll have to remember to ask them how the test went tomorrow.

As soon as they turn the corner and are out of view, you teleport away, landing directly in the office of the Hero President.

•••••

"Would you shut up?" Endeavor grunts, glaring at Keigo as he stuffs his mouth full of fried chicken you 'had' to stop for on your way here. He chats merrily about random topics, Keigo never being one to sit quietly.

You ignore the idiots and their arguing, squatting on the edge of the roof as you watch the building across the street from you closely. Supposedly, a Nomu was seen walking into the warehouse just the other day by a witness who was walking on the sidewalk. You can't go inside in case the League of Villains is hiding out here, you don't have any backup if you were to confront them. It would just be the three of you against all of them and their Nomu, and unsurprisingly, you, Endeavor, and Hawks isn't the best matchup based on personalities.