Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 14

Class 1-A sits high in the stands of the stadium bleachers, chatting happily as the teachers clean the debris off the field. Bakugo walks into the Class 1-A stands, getting congratulated for his win by the squad before he snaps at them to shut up and waves them off as they laugh.

"Beating up a poor, defenseless girl. You must love playing the bad guy, don't you Bakugo?" Kaminari says, shaking his head in mock disappointment at the steaming blond.

Bakugo sends him the nastiest glare he can, sinking into his seat. "That girl isn't weak," Bakugo mutters under his breath. His eyes show the conflict going on inside his head when he reclaims his seat next to Kirishima. Bakugo plops into the chair tiredly, massaging his forearm with his fingers to relieve the tension.

That last explosion must have taken a lot out of him.

After, Kirishima and Tetsutetsu are called back to the field for the tie-breaker that will decide who advances to the top eight. They are placed on separate sides of a cement block stationed in the center of the field. Midnight announces they will be arm wrestling, and both boys get into position with their arms flexed.

Hands clamped together, the boys use all of their strength to overpower the other, even activating their quirks in their other arm and using it to stabilize themselves. Only a minute passes when Kirishima shouts and manages to pin Tetsutetsu's hand to the table, making him the victor.

"ALL RIGHT!! NOW THAT THOSE MATCHES ARE OVER WITH, LET'S PRESENT THE NEXT MATCHUPS!!" Present Mic announces, pulling a cheer from the audience.

The big screen lights up, momentarily presenting everyone's next opponents. You scan the board, noticing you're up against Ida next which will be interesting considering your quirks. But first up is Midoriya and Todoroki. You glance at the two, seeing the determined looks on their faces as they prepare. Neither of them are going down without a fight.

Midoriya's determined to win no matter what the cost, but Todoroki has a clear advantage over the other boy. Todorki has 10 times the experience and training because of his dad, and the green-haired boy still can't use One for All without hurting himself.

After the arena is clear, both boys make their way to where their battle will take place. You thought about wishing them luck along with everyone else, but you didn't want to ruin their concentration. You can feel the tension between them from your seat in the stands. The intense auras coming from Midoriya and Todoroki already showcase just how powerful this match is going to be.

"I'm not missing it am I?!" Uraraka shouts, skipping down the steps.

"No, you're just in- What happened to your face?! You should go see Recovery Girl immediately!" Ida exclaims after seeing the red circles around Uraraka's puffy eyes.

"I already did," Uraraka says softly, voice coming out raspy, "This is from something else." Uraraka whips at her eyes, sniffling as she settles into her seat next to Ida.