Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 31

Despite the chaos of sleeping in the same room as the girls, you slept relatively well. You woke up with Mina's head on your stomach and her body completely spread out like a starfish across the floor. You made sure to take a substantial amount of pictures of her drooling face before leaving since it's hilarious.

You got up earlier than everyone else to get around since you didn't want them to see the numerous bandages covering the expanse of your body. By five o'clock, an hour before you have to be outside for training, you leave the lodge to take a stroll through the woods to waste some time. You sneak past Aizawa and Vlad who are talking in the kitchen about the schedule for the day over a cup of coffee, successfully managing to escape outside without being caught.

As you walk outside to the fresh forest air, the sun starts peeking over the tops of the mountains surrounding the entirety of the lodge and forest. It's like a barrier to keep you safe and is probably the reason the camp is hosted here. You walk through the clearing and pass into the forest that gets denser with each silent step you take. The little sunlight that was sprouting through the branches vanishes as you are engulfed in the darkness.

Birds sing from a distance and the occasional forest animal scurries across the dirt path in front of you. It's nice out here. Quiet. Peaceful.

You walk for a long time, not sure exactly what time it is by now. You're sure your classmates are waking up to get around though, groggy as they stumble past each other to brush their teeth. The thought makes you chuckle as you remember that Mina was drooling in the many pictures you took. You take your phone out and pull up the picture again, smiling at the dorky look plastered on her sleeping face.

A branch snaps a couple of feet to your left, disrupting the silence and you hesitantly take a step in the direction of the noise. Suddenly, something shoots from the dark branches and you flip back to dodge the attack. A figure jumps from the brush and you start to pull out your knife but stop when you recognize the figure as your teacher.

"Aizawa," You greet.

"What are you doing out here (L/n)?" He asks, not interested in small talk.

"Just going for a stroll before training," You shrug, "What are you doing out here? I thought you were talking with Vlad."

Aizawa's eyes glow red as he glares at you, gesturing for you to head back to the lodge with him. You roll your eyes, turning around dramatically with your teacher in tow. "What I'm doing is none of your business, you shouldn't be out here without permission," Aizawa tells you.

"I didn't realize walking was illegal," You grumble, hands shoved in the pockets of your gym uniform. You hear Aizawa sigh behind you as you walk back into the clearing. No one else is out surprisingly, you thought for sure Ida would want to be ten minutes early as usual.

You walk to the middle of the open field before plopping onto the ground in a criss-cross apple sauce position. You pout as you lay your cheek against your fist and wait for everyone else to join you. Aizawa stands to the side, tossing a ball up and down as your classmates slowly begin to file out of the building.

"My apologies Mr. Aizawa! We didn't mean to delay training with our tardiness!" Ida says, power walking forward in his gym uniform.

You continue sitting on the ground even after everyone gathers around you. Mina comes over to you, talking about how she didn't know where you were since you weren't there when she woke up. She rests her arms on your head and leans her weight against you out of exhaustion. She stayed up all night playing UNO with Uraraka, Hagakure, and Tsuyu and didn't get much sleep unlike you who passed out as soon as you got in the room. You're surprised she managed to stay up that long after the day you all had.